Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Wehrpass Prinz Eugen

Article about: Not too sure what to think of this. I have a Stammkart and other docs with it. Anyone think good or otherwise. Many thanks for your help.

Default Wehrpass Prinz Eugen

Not too sure what to think of this. I have a Stammkart and other docs with it. Anyone think good or otherwise. Many thanks for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass Prinz Eugen   Wehrpass Prinz Eugen  

Wehrpass Prinz Eugen   Wehrpass Prinz Eugen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Wehrpass Prinz Eugen
    P
    Many

It looks ok, a 'clean' WP to a Slovakian recruit. While the first few units are Prinz Eugen he never progressed beyond the training units of that division before he was packed off to Czechoslovakia. Do you know if he survived the immediate post-war days and weeks?

SS-Wach-Bataillon 2

Many thanks. Can't tell. It's nice as I have his Stammkart, Auszeug, the Erklarung document, and a promotion document to Sturmann. No other details after his service that I can find.

Can you post his promotion document?

Default Promotion document

Here it is.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass Prinz Eugen  

Last date on his Stammkart is 22/4/45. So he survived. That's his last date of service.

Quote by Bonecollector View Post
    Last date on his Stammkart is 22/4/45. So he survived. That's his last date of service.
    The war in Czechoslovakia actually went on beyond the official surrender in May 1945 by a few days, and the Czechoslovakian population gave no quarter to any German troops or civilians trying to evacuate the country after the war ended so even though he may of made it to May 1945 there is no guarantee he survived the aftermath and repercussions.
    If you can, watch this BBC documentary about the immediate aftermath of the war to see what went on...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k8kh_X-7ojY

The signature on the promotion document is that of Wilhelm Hering who previously served with SS-Infanterie-Rgt 4.

Many thanks that really impressive. I will watch that today thank you. I will post his other docs.

Default More docd

Here is his transfer, Stammkart and other docs. Many thanks for helping me with these. I also have the original file suspender.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Wehrpass Prinz Eugen   Wehrpass Prinz Eugen  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast