Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Soviet Navy Cigarette Case, Leningrad 1944

Article about: Recently acquired this cigarette case. Looks ok to me but would appreciate more experienced opinions. I believe it reads Leningrad 1944, the letters above the anchor I believe read KBF but I

Default Soviet Navy Cigarette Case, Leningrad 1944

Recently acquired this cigarette case. Looks ok to me but would appreciate more experienced opinions. I believe it reads Leningrad 1944, the letters above the anchor I believe read KBF but I don't know what that means. Any opinions would be much appreciated. Cheers.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Soviet Navy Cigarette Case, Leningrad 1944   Soviet Navy Cigarette Case, Leningrad 1944  

Soviet Navy Cigarette Case, Leningrad 1944   Soviet Navy Cigarette Case, Leningrad 1944  

Soviet Navy Cigarette Case, Leningrad 1944  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Soviet Navy Cigarette Case, Leningrad 1944
    P
    Many

You are correct, it says Leningrad 1944. KBF stands for Red Baltic Fleet.

About originality; these items are always difficult to date. The construction is typical for the many cigarette cases made during the war. The engraving is a bit more accurate than the ones I've seen so far. So in the end it's about provenance and 'believing' in the item regarding when it was made. For me personally; I like this one!!

Thanks for the reply Marcel. Good to know that the KBF are not just some random letters. I too get good vibes from this piece. The obvious fakes that I have seen usually have insignia from an elite unit or a "sexier" design.

Nice example! I collect trench art cigarette cases (mostly German origin but also some Soviet ones) and I can not say anything bad about Your case.

Quote by ostfrontmilitaria View Post
    Nice example! I collect trench art cigarette cases (mostly German origin but also some Soviet ones) and I can not say anything bad about Your case.
    Many thank, Ostfront. It is good to hear opinions from people who have more experience in these items. Cheers.

Looks good to me too.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!