Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Cut off Soviet collar tab

Article about: Hi guys, I would appreciate a little help with this cut off collar tab. Can anyone please tell me what it is and if it´s a WW2 period one? Best, Jan

Jan
    ?

Default Cut off Soviet collar tab

Hi guys,

I would appreciate a little help with this cut off collar tab. Can anyone please tell me what it is and if it´s a WW2 period one?

Best,

Jan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Cut off Soviet collar tab   Cut off Soviet collar tab  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Cut off Soviet collar tab
    P
    Many

No expert here but to me it looks artificially made. How conveniently to see a stamp there. Not a common place for stamps imo.

Jan
    ?

Thanks Marcel.

Best, Jan

Jan,

Just had a few minutes of time to check the forum. I have to agree with Marcel. I have a cross section of Civil War, Patriotic War and a few immediate post war (German Occupation) tunics in my collection. None have any markings on the underside of what appears to be IMO a collar tab. And the more I study the PW and the Soviet military system, they were much like the Germans. They were very strict in their production standards in what was produced and how it was distributed.

Of course could be argued a piece of material along the usual bottom edge of a tunic/blouse, where production stamps can be found, was "used" simply because it was there. But my thoughts. If you have to explain, argue or justify why something is the way it is... means it's probably not what you think it is.

Please, if someone knows more on the topic... chime in.

Gerry C.

From the Now Very Cold High Plains of the Midwest. U.S.A.

Dom
    ?

Hi Jan ,

It looks like a trophy, looks like traces of glue on the back? As my colleagues point out, it looks like a stamp, which is strange indeed, but this 35/43 officer collar tab is original in my opinion!