MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Stamp in navy shirt - good one?

Article about: I've come across a white naval shirt, supposedly wartime. Is this stamp any good? It's either a 43 or an altered 48 imo so I am curious to what you guys think? Thanks a lot for your help!

Default Stamp in navy shirt - good one?

I've come across a white naval shirt, supposedly wartime. Is this stamp any good? It's either a 43 or an altered 48 imo so I am curious to what you guys think? Thanks a lot for your help!

Stamp in navy shirt - good one?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stamp in navy shirt - good one?
    P
    Many

Hi Marcel,

At first sight I would say a 8 but Might be worth comparing with other stamp.
    I am more on helmet than jackets and often stamp are faded
    These are very nice

Best

Bruno

Definitely an eight to my eyes. Much more evident in the upper loop than the bottom one. Defocus your eyes slightly and it's easier to see.

B.B.

Thanks guys. You both confirmed my suspicions (I did compare to many other stamps before asking here). I deliberately not expressed my thoughts not to influence anyone. It is sold as a 1943 naval shirt but I felt it was either a faded 48 or even deliberately altered 48 to make it look wartime. But of course I could see it wrong, therefor I asked for more opinions. Too bad though, would love to have a wartime naval shirt.

So thanks guys! Shirt is for sale at oorlogsspullen.nl btw who are known for selling postwar items as being wartime. Hence my caution and asking here.

Hi,

War period items are really chalenging to find.
    We must also consider that these items were used till death after war. This explains also why so little "survived"

A 48 dated item is "not that bad" is it is the same shape and most probably same fabric than WW2 items.
    The same will aply for M43 gymnasterka

If price is revised, at least, it is possible to do a nice display with it (waiting to get a war time one).

Bruno

I agree that wartime Soviet uniforms are hard to find. I also agree that early postwar items are basically exactly the same as wartime. For my collection I am a purist to be honest. I prefer to wait and get 100% original confirmed wartime items instead of "fillers" for the collection, even though a 1948 naval shirt is still nice and rare.