Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?

Article about: Hi all- Someone has offered to me this Beskozirka, and I went on the Beskozirka page on “Under the Red Star,” and it seems that this is the 1939-1968 variant. I have checked other exampl

Default ‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?

Hi all- Someone has offered to me this Beskozirka, and I went on the Beskozirka page on “Under the Red Star,” and it seems that this is the 1939-1968 variant. I have checked other examples that have been posted here on the forum and I haven’t found another example that has a stamp like this. I has no doubts about it being original, just wondering if it’s wartime or not. Am I bugging, or is there a just barely legible 1943 stamp on the bottom? My eyes are probably just playing tricks...

What do you guys think?

Best regards,
    Nikita

‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement ‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?
    P
    Many

?

Cor, that hurts.. 194-something!
    It could be ‘43.. or ‘45.. or ‘48.. or ‘49!
    Then again, that’s not a 9! I think we can rule that out; it’s nothing like the first one.
    ‘43 is looking good. ‘45 at worst!

I’d take it.

?

I'm less sure. It's 1949 to my eyes. I want it to say 43 or 45.

Krasniy Voin (as far as I know) sometimes put dates on wartime items but nearly always post war.

Here's two late 40s examples of their stamp for comparison.

Any other clues? Is the sweatband stamped? Is the badge correct? I'm no expert on fleet cap stars.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture ‘Type 1’ Winter Beskozirka dated 1943?  

?

Found this on a Russian forum.

Of course badges can be replaced...

Post 1951 badges - 28-9 mm

1943-1951 - 30 mm

Thanks for all the replies. I managed to bargain him down and got it for a decent price. Once I receive it, I’ll post some more pics. I contacted Zemlyanka and they said it could very well be ‘43 dated.
    Last edited by PapaStalin1943; 05-09-2020 at 11:07 PM.

?

Comparing to Boycie’s examples, I still say it’s not a 9.. (completely different top loop to the first 9), but 48 is certainly a possible..
    Thanks for the examples, Boycie.

?

I think my suspicion is driven by the 'format' of stamps (which is demonstrably consistent with late 40s) rather than what I can make out (a huge smudge). The date does sometimes appear beneath on wartime items.

BTW, I wouldn't take Zemlyanka's word for gospel, they don't necessarily do so on Russian forums either...
    Last edited by Boycie; 05-10-2020 at 05:02 AM.

Thanks for all the info. As said before, I will take nicer, closer up photos, and maybe some with my microscope to see the numbers better. Even if it is immediate postwar, I would still be happy because as far as I know the 'type 1' immediate postwar Beskoriza's are getting quite scarce, let alone a wartime one. But still, let's hope for the best!

With a microscope you won't get better images. If in doubts make the liner a bit moist (not soaking wet). Often the stamps come out more readable. But don't soak the cap in water as I have seen someone doing before, that way you can ruin the cap. Just moist enough so the stamp comes out more clear

Thanks for the suggestion- I'll lightly spray with a spray bottle

I know what you mean by drenching it- I saw on an old post here on the forum that someone washed and then completely drowned an original wartime ushanka still with a stamp in water for 3 days because he thought that he could read the stamp better... truly a tragedy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast