Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

What are some key factors to look for in a WWII Soviet Naval Uniform?

Article about: Hi all- I am eyeing an auction lot of 3 uniforms that have what I believe to be a WWII Soviet Naval Winter Uniform, and was wondering what are some key points/things to look for that can sho

Default What are some key factors to look for in a WWII Soviet Naval Uniform?

Hi all- I am eyeing an auction lot of 3 uniforms that have what I believe to be a WWII Soviet Naval Winter Uniform, and was wondering what are some key points/things to look for that can show the difference between an early postwar and wartime uniform. I tried to look online for some information or some examples, and could not find any. I also looked on the forum and I don't know if maybe I'm not searching correctly, but I can't seem to find any wartime examples posted here on the forum.

Does anyone have a wartime example they can post here as a reference? and also, what do you guys think of this uniform? I believe it has a very good chance at being wartime, as I have seen on various wartime photographs with Soviet Sailors with this red insignia patch on the left sleeve and correct me if I am wrong, but the buttons look wartime as well. Also, I believe this uniform is that of a Starshina rank? Thanks for the help.

Regards,
    Nikita.

What are some key factors to look for in a WWII Soviet Naval Uniform?What are some key factors to look for in a WWII Soviet Naval Uniform?What are some key factors to look for in a WWII Soviet Naval Uniform?What are some key factors to look for in a WWII Soviet Naval Uniform?What are some key factors to look for in a WWII Soviet Naval Uniform?What are some key factors to look for in a WWII Soviet Naval Uniform?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement What are some key factors to look for in a WWII Soviet Naval Uniform?
    P
    Many

Rank is Petty Officer 1st class.

Edit: can it be this uniform? http://rkka.ru/uniform/files/vmf13.htm

Thanks, Marcel.

I agree with you that it could definitely be that uniform. I also found out thanks to that site that whoever wore this uniform was the steerer of his boat.