Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

White topped Soviet navy Beskozirka authenticity

Article about: Hello. Today I've found a cap I have never been able to find and have always been looking for, that would be the white topped summer variation of the pre 1969 Navy Beskozirka, I have 3 of th

Default White topped Soviet navy Beskozirka authenticity

Hello. Today I've found a cap I have never been able to find and have always been looking for, that would be the white topped summer variation of the pre 1969 Navy Beskozirka, I have 3 of the black winter variants and have been looking for one of this type to complete the collection of the pre 1969 naval caps. I know that the post 1969 white caps are quite common and easy to find. This one looks okay to me but I am still unsure of its authenticity, especially the marking, it looks quite sloppy and fake to me as well as the sweatband looks a bit too good for its age of "1948" appreciate your guy's help as always.
    Attached Images Attached Images White topped Soviet navy Beskozirka authenticity  White topped Soviet navy Beskozirka authenticity  White topped Soviet navy Beskozirka authenticity  White topped Soviet navy Beskozirka authenticity  White topped Soviet navy Beskozirka authenticity  White topped Soviet navy Beskozirka authenticity 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement White topped Soviet navy Beskozirka authenticity
    P
    Many

I can not help with authenticity unfortunately but I do would like to know: why buy a cap when not being certain about authenticity and when the stamp and sweatband give a bad feeling?

Truthfully it is because I have had lots of trouble finding this type of cap, and by that I mean I haven't seen one ever to begin with, Yet I know it existed. One would think it would be about as common as the black version.

That is with rare items, they are hard to find. That should not mean we should buy every item out there in the hope there's a 0,1% chance of the item being original. I collect some +/- 30 years now and there's still many items I can't find, and most likely will never find. I won't give up hope though. But in the meantime I spend my hard earned money on items I am 100% confident about. And when in doubt I first ask others for help instead of throwing away my money. That because I simply don't have the funds to make such emotionally made purchases. From what I have seen over the years is that the majority of such purchases end up in the bin or the box with fakes.

That said, I do hope for you this white cap is original.

Wasn't planning on buying it unless I had enough enough information gathered to determine its authenticity. certainly wouldn't buy something rare and potentially faked on a whim at this point in time

Hello,

In my opinion original hat, the price is fair and the date interesting. The marking is fine, Samoilova factory. The price is fair, I would buy it (but I am not a collector of Rkkf) ;D

Best regards
    Gabriele

Dom
    ?

I agree with Gabriele, a very interesting piece