Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.

Article about: Hey everyone! Long time lurker here, but actually decided to make an account and support the forum. I'm in the U.S., and we have many auctions on a regular basis, of which about 99.9% of SS

Default Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.

Hey everyone! Long time lurker here, but actually decided to make an account and support the forum. I'm in the U.S., and we have many auctions on a regular basis, of which about 99.9% of SS items are fakes. I believe to have found some exceptions based on the information posted by Ben and others who are way more knowledgeable than I am. Decided to gamble on three SS belt buckles that actually passed the basic "if it's a fake, it's a damned good one" test after sorting through many topics on the board here. I'm aware that 99.9% of SS items are faked, but had a different feeling about these, so without further adieu, I'll post up the pictures (crappy of course from the auction house) and would really like to hear opinions. Even if they're all fake, I'm not out that much cash, and can make back what I paid for them to a reenactor looking for a decent buckle, but if they're real, I would say the price paid for them was borderline thievery through no fault of my own
    Anyway, here we go, thanks for having me aboard!
    1st Buckle Apparently a 36/38 Ears and other features looked concurrent to posts on here.
    Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.
    P
    Many

The Second One
    Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.

And the Third
    Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.Auction Won 3 SS Buckles. Opinions requested for new member.

CSW
    ?

Hi mate!

I think you should dedicate a separate thread to each example - posting multiple items for review at the same time makes things difficult and is not really liked here. I'm sure the buckle guys will be able to help you. Cheers!

Quote by Nordlicht44 View Post
    Hi mate!

I think you should dedicate a separate thread to each example - posting multiple items for review at the same time makes things difficult and is not really liked here. I'm sure the buckle guys will be able to help you. Cheers!
    I agree.
    We prefer a separate thread, it makes it less confusing.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Alright, fair enough, but for this one I was just looking for a yay or nay on 1-3. Want to make sure they're real first before making separate threads, but understand if there's a certain way of doing things here......

CSW
    ?

I understand your point of view.

However, even a "yay or nay" often requires careful observation and multiple comments on the different features of the item. Several users inspecting several items within one thread would quickly turn into a really frustrating mess. Who is talking about which buckle and so on... posting separate threads just makes life easier for all of us!

Understood. I did, however create separate replies and didn't just group them all in to one confusing post, and labelled them #s 1-3. I just don't see how it's that terribly confusing.

IMO all three buckles are bad

?

ivanjoaquin, I was waiting for the new post's, I agree, I see casting flaws / bubbles and other irregularities on all three..
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast