Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle

Article about: Thanks to David and Ben. Hopefully, this thread will save someone from spending their hard earned money on a piece of junk.

Default Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle

I have been told that recently an excellent copy of the SS officer buckle in aluminum has shown up in the collector community. Does any member know anything about these? Is there any telltale feature that differentiates it from the real item? I would love to see pictures of one of these.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle
    P
    Many

Default Re: Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle

Hello Bob

Aluminium?

There is now in circulation a potentially excellent fake of the SS Leaders buckle in nickle silver. Construction details are good to include the reverse having a fully crimped in disc. The stamped markings of RZM SS 35/36 are convincing, however wrong. The possibility that the erroneous marks are a Trojan horse. The next series of fakes will be "correct" and as such, will compare as good to the original fake.

Let me know if you would like some images.

Regards,

David

Hi David-
    I think it would be helpful to see images of this fake. It is quite possible that the person who related this information to me may have been confused when it came to thematerial. Thanks for the reply.
    Bob
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Hello Bob

Here we go - the fake!

Regards,

David

?

The Buggers have done a good job on this one.Its going to Make Collecting a Minefield now

Thanks for letting us know Guys

Greg

Glad I don't collect these things...too expensive and too risky. I'll leave it to the braver and more experienced folk.

they should make some sort of law about all this making it illegal to put proper stamps on the buckles so that you can tell straight away it is a crieing shame

Bob, in regards to aluminium fakes this 36/39 is probably one of the best fakes around at the moment unless another good one is out that I have not seen yet. There is a cast one coming out of Hungary at the moment which is circulating but it is not that good to be honest
    Attached Images Attached Images Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle  Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle  Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle  Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle  Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle  Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle  Fake SS Officer's Aluminum buckle 
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast