Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread

Article about: Gents This has appeared in the tunic forum from a tunic that was passed down through a family. The buckle is very unusual and nothing like I have seen. Very rough construction to the rear an

Default Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread

Gents

This has appeared in the tunic forum from a tunic that was passed down through a family. The buckle is very unusual and nothing like I have seen. Very rough construction to the rear and markings not seen on other buckles. For an early buckle I do not like the flatness of the keeper, the rough construction of the buckle. I also dont like the rivets on the belt. The markings need checking out. On the other hand from a named SS Officer from 1931 is the buckle one of the first ones issued that no one has seen before?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread   Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread  

Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread   Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread  

Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread   Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread  

Ben

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread
    P
    Many

Interestingly Cark Henkel is a known manufacturer and are still around today
    Ben

Here are a couple more photo's Interesting SS Officer buckle in the tunic threadInteresting SS Officer buckle in the tunic thread

?

If I came across this at a show I would think it was a fake. It doesn’t Look like any of the nickel SS officers buckles I have seen. The flat keeps look like a few State Forestry buckles in my collection but the construction is cruder. I would like to know JP’s opinion.

I can take some other photos of any places that might help but I have looked all over and don’t see any other markings

And if it might help I can let you know what I do know about him and where he was for most of his career

Bad buckle, belt with bogus SS markings

Quote by kirby View Post
    If I came across this at a show I would think it was a fake. It doesn’t Look like any of the nickel SS officers buckles I have seen. The flat keeps look like a few State Forestry buckles in my collection but the construction is cruder. I would like to know JP’s opinion.
    Everything we see is not right. Let's start with the single RZM logo which was used on some transitional buckles. At that point, where is the maker's identity such logo protects? Furthermore the logo doesn't appear to be stamped on the buckle but instead been a part of the buckle when it was made.
    Skinny letters? the same kind of letters found on fake SS buckles made in the 60's to 80's. Front plate rolled then crimped over the back plate? Looks to me just a flat back plate having the front one affixed to it (solder, glue, whatever...). Catch? Look at it! Even the buckle is not affixed to the belt by the proper way.
    Now the leather part...I will not say a thing about anything else but maker's name along with RZM AND SS logo's....Marked as such could not have been sold.

It is not the first time people are buying former SS estates with a mix of good and replicas parts. It happens all the time (assuming you are still lucky to find original parts in the mix...)

?

Thanks for your input. It confirms what I was thinking.

Kirby and Jean Pierre Redeuilh thank you for not only giving your opinions but most of all why you believe it to be a fake or made over non original piece.