Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Real or Fake ? The famous question.

Article about: Dear friends from the beautiful War Relics Forum.I am interested to buy this belt buckle.The seller told me its a dig up one.What do you think guys...real or fake ? I have no idea.

I do not have much time, but you can see it and just know the dimensions, color, etc.
    in the past, the Czech Republic sold all aluminum models and spread all over the world, and in many different ways they aged from the earth, ect.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake ? The famous question.
    P
    Many

Too grey for me, I can see cast flaws in the buckle obverse, but perhaps Ben is right, sometimes it is very difficut assure the authenticity of aluminium ground dug buckles.
    And also the "V chest" and the 882/38 buckles of the same dealer are ground dug, curious...

,First of all, the other oxidation is clear and clear, and what I said earlier,
    I have been dealing with all kinds of aluminum copies, above all the color and dimensions they are a little smaller and the walls thinner, etc., etc.

IMO Ben is right. If this was an "aged" early cast fake (the ones I named first generation) with a bunch of pits and flaws, it will not come at all with either this aluminum white tint or this type of post / prongs assembly. If this was an "aged" cast fake from what I named the second generation with almost no pits or casting remains, the buckle surface will not be like this and the post / prongs assembly neither. If this was the last generation there will be no casting remains or flaw one could detect from picture but buckle surface would again be different and post / prongs assembly would again be different. Fakers never changed everything at once. They just did it on phases. So, if that one was another attempt there will be no need to ruin it by aging it artificially.

Sizes: when I published size differences between fake and aluminum SS buckles back in 2001, indeed there was a big difference. It did not take a year to fakers to change them. Whoever is still using measurements I published back then will be able to detect only less than 25% of the crap around today. Since 2004 size of current fake aluminum's is exact same as original. If you want to detect the fake you have to measure the emblem with a caliper which remains smaller on the fake. But the overall sizes, both internal and external, have been perfectly corrected.

?

Quote by ivanjoaquin View Post
    Too grey for me, I can see cast flaws in the buckle obverse, but perhaps Ben is right, sometimes it is very difficut assure the authenticity of aluminium ground dug buckles.
    And also the "V chest" and the 882/38 buckles of the same dealer are ground dug, curious...
    Thx for all the answers ! I want to say,that the 3 different buckles...are from 3 different sellers.

?

I respect all your reply,s.knowledge,expertise.It had been the best for me that all you guys said ....this is a good one.Then i had no problem with buying this one.

?

This is also a 822/37 JP Redeuilh Type 2 buckle ground dig up ..i think ?Real or Fake ? The famous question.Real or Fake ? The famous question.Real or Fake ? The famous question.

No, that is most likely crap

Quote by Daarom View Post
    with buying this one.
    As long as you do not pay over 100 Euros. IMO does not worth more than this. I sold that one from my own collection three months ago for 350 Euros ...

Let me know if you sell anymore JP please
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast