Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

RZM 155/40 SS Belt Buckle - Real or Fake?

Article about: I've owned this since 2013 and am now thinking about selling it, however I could really use some help trying to determine if it's real or a copy. This group seems to be the absolute best sou

frankiek
    ?

Default RZM 155/40 SS Belt Buckle - Real or Fake?

I've owned this since 2013 and am now thinking about selling it, however I could really use some help trying to determine if it's real or a copy. This group seems to be the absolute best source out there....any help is appreciated.RZM 155/40 SS Belt Buckle - Real or Fake?RZM 155/40 SS Belt Buckle - Real or Fake?[ATTACH=CONFIG]

2. # ADS

frankiek
    ?

As I go back and research previous threads on this subject, I am pretty sure this is fake. Here's why:

- Markings on back: the "M" in RZM is too tall. The "M" on the original is shorter.
    - Markings on back: the "SS" insignia should be touching the outer circle encasing the letters. Mine does not...too clean of a break in between.
    - Markings on back: the "slash" ( / ) between 155 and 40 is too high vertically, the original lies more horizontally creating a wider gap between the two numbers
    - Breast feathers: too sharp of points on bottom, original's are a bit more rounded
    - Rope on front: rope between head and wings is nearly missing altogether...that should not be the case

I would like nothing more than to be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I know the answer. However, I would love to hear your feedback.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to the forum!
    I like that! A new member that does some homework and not just here to ask, "Is it real? and "How much is it worth?"
    While you are waiting for some of our buckle collectors to answer your questions, you may want to have a look through this thread.
    SS EM 155/40 original v fake
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello,
    I have changed the link to a thread comparing original and fake 155/40 buckles.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Hello and welcome, the buckle is indeed a fake
    Ben

Hungarian copy