Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RZM 36/36 SS Buckle my grandfather brought home

Article about: Cleaning out my grandfather's estate and found this buckle that he brought home from WWII (He was Army Signal Corp and served in France and Belgium) I have no idea of the value. I showed it

Default RZM 36/36 SS Buckle my grandfather brought home

Cleaning out my grandfather's estate and found this buckle that he brought home from WWII (He was Army Signal Corp and served in France and Belgium)

I have no idea of the value. I showed it to a local dealer and was offered 300.00 USD for it. Can anyone tell me if this is a fair price?

Thank you in advance!

Shamrock454

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM 36/36 SS Buckle my grandfather brought home
    P
    Many

?

Welcome, we are a group of collectors and historians, and I'm guessing after you get your answer, we'll never hear from you again, why would you want to sell an heirloom that belonged to your grandfather ? The money ? JMO of course, I could be wrong, have you tried searching other sites that sell similar militaria ? Again, Welcome to the Forum.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Well i would not sell it

Thank you for your thoroughly cynical appraisal of my motives. Normally I would just tell you to GFY, but I feel the need to defend myself here. (Not something someone should have to do 5 minutes after politely joining a forum.) So to answer your question, my father before me, and now I, proudly display my grandfather's funeral flag, his photo, and his medals. His dress uniform was properly preserved and hangs in the back of my closet, so someday my grandchildren can appreciate it. Both of my sons are Eagle Scouts, and my oldest raised the funds for, designed, and installed a veteran's memorial at our local sporting club for his Eagle project. Our family summer trip last year was to tour as many Civil War battlegrounds as time permitted.

My maternal grandfather was an infantry Sargent in the Pacific. Had both of his legs broken in a Japanese rocket attack and watched many of his wounded men bayoneted by the Japs. Myself and the scouts plant flags at his cemetery every year.

The dark area you see on the buckle's hinge is from the stump of a belt that was still attached, from when the buckle was cut from a dead soldier's body.

My family and I have more than a passing interest in US military history, but a buckle representing one of the most evil organizations in history, taken off a corpse, is fine in a military collection or a museum, but not on my mantle. If that is what you collect, I respect that, It's just not my taste.

As far as the money, whatever we make off this item will go to the New England Holocaust Memorial. That is what we decided as a family.

Shamrock454

?

Shamrock454, forgive my cynical response of earlier, this Forum and others has a tendency to attract people as a quick appraisal service and then are never to be heard from a again, I wish you well in the endeavor, this may shed some light on your question..
    The Collector's Guild
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Good answers from both of you guys.

To many come here just for the dollars.
    That is a very nice nickel SS buckle so I would not sell it for 300.

Hello and welcome to the forum, nice original buckle. In ref to the buckle a dealer would between $600-800 condition dependant
    Ben

Very nice and scarce buckle
    Selling it for $300 is like giving it away

Unless you need the money I would keep it no way 300USD

If you want a realistic value, I sold mine just 4 months ago for $1250 USD on another Forum. And this was to a collector already having a couple of them. This is the one I sold if you want to compare condition. Not a single collector knowing the retail value of a 36/36 will sell your example less than a MINIMUM of $900 USD.
    SS Buckles to collect: The ultimate list

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast