Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?

Article about: Hello, could you please tell if this buckle is original? Thank you.

SVV
    ?

Default RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?

Hello,

could you please tell if this buckle is original?

Thank you.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?   RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?  

RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?   RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?
    P
    Many

Dear SVV,

An extremely interesting buckle by selected aspects, however and still, in my opinion it is a cast fake.

The 36/40 buckle is found in two forms by associated markings, as the SS runes in a double circle and the SS runes in a single circle. The latter is the rarer of the two forms and I am not sure if as yet, it has been faked. Unfortunately, the one with the SS runes in a double circle, is heavily faked.

For the one shown, I am not overly enthusiastic about the dull grey colour of the alloy, however this may simply be a quirk of the digital images. This is a very "clean" fake, however I think that the obverse has been worked upon and despite this, there are still minute tell tale casting marks at various points to the buckle. Goodness knows what is going on with the pin shroud and claws. Apart from the pin shroud distortion, there are cast marks.

Simply my opinion as no more and no less, although again, an extremely interesting buckle by certain aspects.

Regards and best wishes,

David

I think this needs pics taken in natural daylight. For me personally is stands a chance, the grey appearance could be from the flash of a camera, day light pics will reveal all
    Ben

Good thread to read

Taking Buckle Pics
    Ben

SVV
    ?

Thank you for your opinions gentlemen. I asked the seller to make daylight pictures.

For sale on the WAF
    Ben

SVV
    ?

Yes, indeed. This is the buckle from WAF.

SVV
    ?

More pictures received
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?   RZM 36/40 SS buckle original or fake?  

SVV
    ?

With the the natural light the color looks better in my opinion. Does this new batch of pictures dispel concerns or brought new ones? Will very appreciate your opinions.

Original buckle for me with these better pics, no cast flaws, prongs correct and remanants of original silver wash
    Ben

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast