Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS belt buckle: 822/38: real or fake ?

Article about: by Ben Evans The metal is quite grey, look at the post sleeve how the ends arch up where it meets the prongs, and the markings are not that good, from the pics I would throw smoke and go lef

?

Default Re: SS belt buckle: 822/38: real or fake ?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    The metal is quite grey, look at the post sleeve how the ends arch up where it meets the prongs, and the markings are not that good, from the pics I would throw smoke and go left flanking, not a good one IMO
    Thank you Ben for the information it will help with future purchases, i did tell the guy it looked fake to me and he wasn't impressed but i was i saved £99 lol

Thanx again
    Rommel

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS belt buckle: 822/38: real or fake ?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Posted several times before, but again for reference, here is an original from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Thanx again Ade (bet your getting anoyed with me already lol) i am grateful

?

Quote by Ben Evans View Post
    Thanks for the pics Ade, the buckle you have shown is a different variant to the one initially shown, there are actually three variants of this buckle, all to do with the lettering, the example you posted Ade is tyhe "big block" version due to the size of the lettering
    3 variants of 1 buckle ! i can see this hobby is going to be interesting lol

On the contrary, it is my pleasure to try and help! Thank you for taking the time to say thanks too.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Thank you all for your replies and I hope you don't mind me keeping a picture of each for future reference ! I have just ordered a couple of books on German Militaria so hopefully they will be here soon lol once again thank you without people like you people like me would be getting ripped off so much. Hope to speak soon take care

Rommel

Building your own database of good items is a great thing to do.

Cheers, Ade.

?

I am trying to build a database for my own records (and hope to help others too) eventually i am hoping to have enough material to build an application for the iPhone so people can download it and take it with them when looking for items. And as for your thanx for saying thanx i can only say that if people can take the time to help me then it only takes a couple of minutes to say thank you back and those couple of words can mean so much ! it's just a shame that now a days a lot of people forget this.

Quote by Rommel View Post
    Thank you Ben for the information it will help with future purchases, i did tell the guy it looked fake to me and he wasn't impressed but i was i saved £99 lol

Thanx again
    Rommel
    Again you are welcome, I have had many a dealer confront me about buckles, you should go to some of the fairs and see the crap they advertise as original, shocked me when I first went, 95% of all buckle in one fair were fake!!!! unreal!
    Ben

?

we will all have to meet up some day have a drink and chat lol as i've just realised yourself Ade and me all live relativly close to each other lol. I ain't surprised you were shocked lol 95% fake thats discraceful

Quote by Rommel View Post
    we will all have to meet up some day have a drink and chat lol as i've just realised yourself Ade and me all live relativly close to each other lol. I ain't surprised you were shocked lol 95% fake thats discraceful
    Ade is about 20 mins from me in good traffic, 30 if not
    Ben

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast