Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS Belt - Need advice on maker/authenticity?

Article about: Looking to purchase this SS Belt. Any ideas on the RZM maker and whether this is a period piece? Thanks everybody.

Default SS Belt - Need advice on maker/authenticity?

Looking to purchase this SS Belt. Any ideas on the RZM maker and whether this is a period piece? SS Belt - Need advice on maker/authenticity?SS Belt - Need advice on maker/authenticity?SS Belt - Need advice on maker/authenticity?

Thanks everybody.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Belt - Need advice on maker/authenticity?
    P
    Many

?

I have never seen a belt with a leather piece added like this. I would pass on this belt.

?

Hi there,
    The belt seems to be a mixture of two different belts.
    A marked 'extra belt' with SS marking from 1938 ... as a buckle protective flap ...
    The rest of the belt is a late war belt (M44) ...
    It will not be clear who built it together, when and where.
    However, it seems to have been professionally (not hand-made) changed, when the set got married.
    Could have happened before 1945 and for 'little' money I would take it into the collection. It's not textbook .. but interesting..
    Greetz
    The kabl

Thanks for the thoughts, much appreciated. I will probably pass and wait for a more textbook example.

?

You really need to be careful with SS marked belts. Lots of fakes marks added to real belts. I remember Manion’s Auction house selling what appeared to be original SS leather stamp for big money. That was over twenty years ago.

?

Another belt you may want to look for is a private purchase belt with black wool backing. These might have a leather manufacturers marking but would never have SS markings. These are most likely SS.

Your "SS" stamp is a well known fake stamp. Was already around 20 years ago. Also, position is absolutely not accurate for any SS marked belt. Last, but not least, this kind of leather tongue would not be at all approved to fit a SS belt by 1939.