Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

SS Buckles to collect: The ultimate list

Article about: Years that I did not publish any updates in this particular field of collecting. Years collectors (and leeches) were asking for it. So today you finally got it in your Forum as well. This li

NOTE: This maker made buckles a very particular way: their wings were straight (see last/third picture). Some collectors are calling those "ear less" which is also a good name. This is how those buckles were leaving the factory. Most of the surviving examples are found with those bent over their post-sleeve like any other SS buckle. This was done by their owner (the SS man) probably since it was not really convenient to wear the buckle on a belt when its wings were straight!

Also, if someone wants to investigate further (sorry but I personally lost the interest myself) this maker was probably located in Austria (few makers were located there) since he was also a maker for the Freikorps Steyermark buckle.

NOTE 2: I took those pictures when this buckle was still in my collection but now I sold it to the WAF's moderator (so please do not send me requests to buy this buckle anymore)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Buckles to collect: The ultimate list
    P
    Many

Short Wings (Named by Blazej). Almost square buckle & short wings eagle
    Unmarked Short Wings

NOTE: The above buckle is, so far, unique (meaning I personally know only one example). I took those pictures when I had this buckle in my hands sent by Blazej. Blazej certified me it was ground dug in Poland and post/post-sleeve/prongs been replaced (there was none when found). I have no reason to do not believe him and, so far, I was not able to relate this buckle to any other one previously known.

Since Blazej, like myself, is selling his collection maybe this buckle is for sale. His own website is Sklep militarny BP-Militaria

Scroll (Named by JP Redeuilh). Right Scroll is very next to exclamation point
    Unmarked Scroll

NOTE: The above buckle is also, so far, unique (meaning I personally know only one example). All pictures from this buckle where sent to me by Blazej. Blazej certified me it was ground dug in Poland. Since he always has been a personal friend and a trusted person, I do not have any reason to do not believe him. So far, I was not able to relate this buckle to any other one previously known. At first sight similar to the "fat eagle" but enough differences when we start to pay close attention.
    And that one is FLAT and taller (see below pictures from Blazej as well

NOTE 2: This buckle is available on Blazej's website at Sklep militarny BP-Militaria

Please read next Thread "SS Buckles to collect: The ultimate list comments"
    Thanks

Long feathers Neck (Named by JP Redeuilh). Very long feathers on neck.
    Unmarked Long feathers Neck

Twin Over (Named by JP Redeuilh). Almost identical to an Overhoff buckle
    Unmarked Twin Over (...hoff)

Buckle and pictures are from Kirby (I believe klr on this Forum) since the buckle I had in hands and which I took myself pictures was a ground dug example.

Twin Over (Named by JP Redeuilh). Almost identical to an Overhoff buckle
    Ges.Gesch. Marked Twin Over (...Hoff)

This time pictures and buckle (for sale) are mine

Rotated Swastika Maker 1
    Unmarked Rotated Swastika Maker 1

Those pictures showing a stone mint buckle are coming from Trave-Militaria since this seller was lucky to find and sell not only one, but 4 mint buckles of this kind not too long ago. They were later transferred to me for my pictorial database by a German friend.

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast