Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

SS EM Belt Buckle

Article about: I headed back to an antique store that I was at last week. There’s a good deal of authentic stuff, but there are also loads of reproduction stuff mixed in as well. I spotted this SS buckle

Default SS EM Belt Buckle

I headed back to an antique store that I was at last week. There’s a good deal of authentic stuff, but there are also loads of reproduction stuff mixed in as well. I spotted this SS buckle today, but I have no clue if it’s an original piece or not. It’s fairly rusty and I can see no maker marks.

Could anyone possibly comment on the authenticity of this example? I will greatly appreciate any and all thoughts!

SS EM Belt BuckleSS EM Belt Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM Belt Buckle
    P
    Many

Jarret,

Can't really tell due to the rust and deterioration but it looks like a V chest fake..

Invest in a jewelers loop, they only cost a few bucks and that way you get real close to see if there are any makers marks.. (not just on this which it appears there aren't any, but on anything else that may have marks that are hard to see..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

Thanks for the thoughts Smitty! I really appreciate it.

I think I’ll just be avoiding this buckle. Even if it turns out to be authentic the condition is pretty bad. I’ll be sure to heed your advice on a jewelers loop as well. I sure could use one!

Artificially aged fake (not V chest)

Thanks Ivan,,

I just could not tell (V chest or not) from the condition..

Best regards, stay safe

Smitty

The ears is a big tell

Common steel fake aged to fool people!
    Ben