Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS officers Aluminium question over authenticity

Article about: Dear members, The attached Officers buckle front recently came into my possession and not having any others in my collection (which is buckles to other ranks) I would like feedback on its au

Default SS officers Aluminium question over authenticity

Dear members,

The attached Officers buckle front recently came into my possession and not having any others in my collection (which is buckles to other ranks) I would like feedback on its authenticity.

From research that I have done using this forum and in comparison with the aluminium colour of other buckles I have, I believe it likely SS officers Aluminium question over authenticitySS officers Aluminium question over authenticitySS officers Aluminium question over authenticitySS officers Aluminium question over authenticityto be war time issue - however the clasps that would have retained the buckle clasp ( and failed ! ) seem to be wider spaced ( gap between the top two ) than others that I have seen and wondered if this could be a sign of it being a copy.

The reverse is quite dirty but the metal colour is visible under the failed clasps.

Feedback would be appreciated as officers buckles are not my field.

Many thanks
    Michael

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS officers Aluminium question over authenticity
    P
    Many

Bad buckle

Michael, much better pics which can be enhanced, you can see the cast flaws, look at "21 on this page, probably same fake with the centre piece

Fake SS Officers Database
    Ben

Thanks for feedback Ben / Ivan, its scary what lengths fakers will go to as I was convinced it looked ok from the general wear and tare etc.
    Is there anychance you could circle some of the cast flaws just so I cant understand these better. The small pin holes ( bubble holes in the cast to the front raised my concerns in the first place ) thanks again guys
    Michael