Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Still learning, need some opinions!

Article about: Hey guys, I'm still learning about buckles and definitely don't want to get burned. These are the only two pics I have right now, but what are your opinions on this buckle?

?

Default Still learning, need some opinions!

Hey guys, I'm still learning about buckles and definitely don't want to get burned. These are the only two pics I have right now, but what are your opinions on this buckle?

Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Still learning, need some opinions!
    P
    Many

Check post #108 in this thread.
    Fake SS Enlisted Men Database
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Good Overhoff nickelsilver buckle

As per FB, look good but a rear pic would be nice
    Ben

I like this style front

?

Default SS Buckle Opinions

Alright guys, I may have made the rookie mistake jumping the gun and getting this buckle without completely vetting it on here. Didn't pay a lot for it, so I'm hoping I scored! It was the one I posted a few weeks ago, but only had a few pictures from the auction house. What are your opinions? The belt seems like a repro, but from my novice knowledge I'm not entirely sure about it or the buckle.Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!Still learning, need some opinions!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Still learning, need some opinions!  

In my opinion, the buckle box is an original nickle silver example by Overhoff.

Possibly ground excavated and vigorously restored.

The pin, pin shroud and claws are not original to the buckle and are actually post 1945.

Having said that and again in my opinion, the buckle box is original.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Quote by David North View Post
    In my opinion, the buckle box is an original nickle silver example by Overhoff.

Possibly ground excavated and vigorously restored.

The pin, pin shroud and claws are not original to the buckle and are actually post 1945.

Having said that and again in my opinion, the buckle box is original.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    You are quite the detective David.. I totally missed the crappy pin !! I was more focused on the buckle.. G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Thanks for your input David! I thought something with the pin looked off, but i'm in the early stages of my buckle collecting career and still learning so what do I know. Just for future reference, what exactly is it on the pin that makes it post war? I'll take all the advice I can get!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast