Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Waffen SS Nickel Belt buckle GZM M/131

Article about: Hello everyone, I am fairly new to the Forum and I hope this thread is in the correct place. I recently saw here a 5 year old thread posted by Ben Evans.....it was about a nickel SS belt buc

Smile Waffen SS Nickel Belt buckle GZM M/131

Hello everyone, I am fairly new to the Forum and I hope this thread is in the correct place.
    I recently saw here a 5 year old thread posted by Ben Evans.....it was about a nickel SS belt buckle maker marked GZM and M/131 markings. I understand several of these have been ground dug in Estonia and Gdansk in the last few years.
    I have had one of these buckles for years and it was great to see another one on here so I thought I would post mine as well for interest.
    The buckle is in pretty good shape, no big dings to the metal but has small scratching and a little discolouration to the nickel in places. The stampings GZM and M/131 are quite clear. I can see no other markings on the buckle at all.
    Here are a few pics of it....I was wondering how much these are worth nowadays? As I said I've had mine for years and display it with an original SS tunic and belt..
    Waffen SS Nickel Belt buckle GZM M/131Waffen SS Nickel Belt buckle GZM M/131Waffen SS Nickel Belt buckle GZM M/131Waffen SS Nickel Belt buckle GZM M/131Waffen SS Nickel Belt buckle GZM M/131

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Waffen SS Nickel Belt buckle GZM M/131
    P
    Many

Sorry Should read M1/131 oops!

Hi Tommy and welcome to the forum, lovely buckle in great condition, as to value I suppose what some one is willing to pay for one complete like this! As a ball park figure I would have said anywhere from $800-1200
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Waffen SS Nickel Belt buckle GZM M/131  
    Ben

buckle 1 class

You have a great and rare buckle!
    Haven't seen such one for a long time...

Perhaps I am being pedantic here and if so, my apologies in advance.

An excellent example of the now well documented GZM M1/131 marked SS buckle, however why is it being described as Waffen SS? A typing error perhaps?

It is worth remembering that the manufacturing of nickle silver SS buckles was discontinued around 1936. In my opinion, this buckle was not manufactured for or intended to be worn by members of the Waffen SS. Whilst there was no intention, it is possible I suppose that the subject buckle could have been worn by a member of the Waffen SS.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

Lots of nickel buckles have been dug up on all fronts. It’s not Waffen SS but I’m sure it was used till the end of the war.

Quote by kirby View Post
    ...It’s not Waffen SS but I’m sure it was used till the end of the war...
    I am curious as to why you are “sure” that this early and clearly non Waffen-SS buckle, was worn presumably throughout and until the end of the Second World War. Not for one moment wishing to appear belligerent or gladiatorial here, however I am blissfully unaware of any evidence to support what you are sure of.

Regards and best wishes,

David

?

I did not mean this specific buckle. Production of nickel buckles stopped in 36 but there is no reason nickel buckles couldn’t be wore till the end of the war.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast