Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

1198/40 SS RZM dagger

Article about: Hello all, I would like to get opinions on this 1198/40 SS Dagger. I want to be sure that dagger is original and genue. What do you think about it? I very appreciate your opinions. Best rega

?

Default 1198/40 SS RZM dagger

Hello all,
    I would like to get opinions on this 1198/40 SS Dagger. I want to be sure that dagger is original and genue. What do you think about it? I very appreciate your opinions.
    Best regards,
    Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture 1198/40 SS RZM dagger   1198/40 SS RZM dagger  

1198/40 SS RZM dagger   1198/40 SS RZM dagger  

1198/40 SS RZM dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement 1198/40 SS RZM dagger
    P
    Many

?

Looks like scabbard repaint, cleaned blade with redarkened motto possibly the grip has also been redarkened. Dagger is later model nickel plated scabbard and fitting with aluminum eagle I believe. Scabbard screws i believe are the correct later versions. So scabbard and dagger match as far as production period. 1198/40 is for SMF which I believe is a pretty rare maker of ss daggers. This is what I see but Larry should be able to give a very good description of this dagger.

Tim

?

I agree with Tim. The scabbard repaint is very obvious.

Dave

Quote by Tim030 View Post
    Looks like scabbard repaint, cleaned blade with redarkened motto possibly the grip has also been redarkened. Dagger is later model nickel plated scabbard and fitting with aluminum eagle I believe. Scabbard screws i believe are the correct later versions. So scabbard and dagger match as far as production period. 1198/40 is for SMF which I believe is a pretty rare maker of ss daggers. This is what I see but Larry should be able to give a very good description of this dagger.

Tim
    You hit all the points Tim

Another messed with dagger probably coming from the same source that included that messed with Aesculap Rohm dagger.

SA Full Rohm Honor Dagger
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

No, this dagger is from another source. the scabbard is indeed repainted. The emblem of the eagle is made of aluminum, there are a few small cracks on the handle, but I do not see any traces of its repainting. What are your overall impressions of him?

Not the same source ?? o_O

Appears to be from the same source as the photo background is identical to the Rohm dagger you posted ...I dont know what you are trying to do here but the community knows the difference ....... Be careful
    SA Full Rohm Honor Dagger

Tim pointed out his thoughts on this dagger and its been messed with as well.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry, thanks a lot. I took the photos, but the daggers were provided by different sellers. I put up daggers for discussion in order to decide whether to buy them for my collection or not, since I have little experience, and the opinion of forum participants was important to me. Many thanks to all