Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Tom Wittmann's SS Dagger prices

Article about: SS Ringman you hit nail on head. I too am an old collector back in 92/93 I sold everything in a fit of rage after my wife leave me. Why because I feel German militaria will not keep me in fo

robertcoutts
    ?

Default re: Tom Wittmann's SS Dagger prices

SS Ringman you hit nail on head. I too am an old collector back in 92/93 I sold everything in a fit of rage after my wife leave me. Why because I feel German militaria will not keep me in food, a roof over my head or help me live longer. I had some nice stuff then as it was cheaper to buy. A few years ago I see a german helmet at an antique fair I buy and now I am back spending money on stuff that after 5 minutes I put away and never look at. I have Sa Daggers I have not seen for 6 months. But to pay $5000 for 1 dagger even a SS would make me happy for maybe 10 minutes, do others feel the same. Its like an addiction now I must go to look for my next fix.
    cheers to all Robert

2. # ADS

That is this hobby,i try to control mine by cash only no cash,no item.but if that breaks,it must be paid for in 30 days at the most.but that feeling stays with me as long as i have the item.it's in my bed room were i sleep.it's the last thing i see before going to sleep.

?

Quote by robertcoutts View Post
    SS Ringman you hit nail on head. I too am an old collector back in 92/93 I sold everything in a fit of rage after my wife leave me. Why because I feel German militaria will not keep me in food, a roof over my head or help me live longer. I had some nice stuff then as it was cheaper to buy. A few years ago I see a german helmet at an antique fair I buy and now I am back spending money on stuff that after 5 minutes I put away and never look at. I have Sa Daggers I have not seen for 6 months. But to pay $5000 for 1 dagger even a SS would make me happy for maybe 10 minutes, do others feel the same. Its like an addiction now I must go to look for my next fix.
    cheers to all Robert
    Robert i do the same mate but its great to know you have all your collectables safe.....addiction yes you said it....now i go look for my next fix.......cheers scott.

Competetion for collectible relics is global. The price for SS daggers is just a result of the collapse in value of the US dollar. In other countries, buying anything from the US is considered bargain shopping. All the escallating prices reflect is that the lower valued Dollars must be adjusted upward to match the value of other globsally traded currencies.

It would be easier if we akk traded our relics in one currency....anything but US and Zimbabwean Dollars.

I believe the GB Pound is one of the few soverign curriencies where the government did not surrender the monetary system to private bankers, like the Dollar and Euro.

Bob Hritz

you guys think you have it hard try the dollar down here then you will know what pain is!!!!!!! in new zealand

tony
    ?

Well you all have a lot more daggers and memorabilia than me. I don't have any. Can't afford it and over here in Australian there is not the huge selection and market that you have in other countries. I just enjoy looking at all the pictures and reading the stories on the internet. I am a WW2 nut though and would love nothing more than to go to some of these old battle sites and dig for memorabilia. We don't have any over here. Sounds like this hobby has cost a few marraiges over the years. My wife would divorce me to if spent all our money on war memorabilia. Keep up the good work people. This internet site is the closest I'll ever get to a battle field site here in Australia.

Quote by Vaughan View Post
    Personally I`d like to keep the pound, it`s about all that is left of England
    you are not the only one who wants to keep the normal valuta

i want my gulden back

Found this thread in the crypt

?

One must remember... If I read this thread correctly... A individual that has a vast inventory including a website and "Paid" employees ... Must some how recoup these expenses... Especially if they have hundreds or thousands or hundreds of thousands of dollars tied up in items.. That money has been "Paid" out...
    I wonder how many here would sell their items to a "Dealer" and take a "Loss" ???...
    Dealer and collectors have always had a Hate / Love or Vice Versa relationship... Why any dealer would pass the savings on to the consumer is "Odd"...G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

Quote by Nick VR View Post
    Thats 3185 euro for us Europeans, I think that's a fair price...
    Good Lord, the Euro really dropped like a rock in a few years...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast