Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Another SS Dagger Analysis

Article about: Guys, Just looking for objective analysis of the dagger here. Fine details to note: The placement of the motto (distance from crossguard), the general type of grip, the grip eagle, the rune

Default Another SS Dagger Analysis

Guys,

Just looking for objective analysis of the dagger here. Fine details to note: The placement of the motto (distance from crossguard), the general type of grip, the grip eagle, the rune button (looks fake?), the tang nut, and the crossguards don't appear to be Eickhorn accent grooves.

Keep in mind, this is a RZM 1940 production dagger...but it is Eickhorn marked. Now, I have seen 3 different RZM Eickhorns with shallow accent grooves on the crossguards with this maker which doesn't seem to fit the traditional look of Eickhorn crossguards.

The grip triangle at the lower crossguard looks huge, but again I have seen several RZM's with this style but I can't explain it because it's few and far between.

Please, any observations welcome. This was sold by a "reputable" dealer some time ago so I need to know who to trust in this game.

Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Another SS Dagger Analysis   Another SS Dagger Analysis  

Another SS Dagger Analysis   Another SS Dagger Analysis  

Another SS Dagger Analysis   Another SS Dagger Analysis  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Another SS Dagger Analysis
    P
    Many

?

You seems to have completed most of the analysis and comments yourself. Show the inside of the crossguards please for an answer to that question

I don't have this dagger in my possession, it was found in the archives on a dealer website. I was just looking for more experienced collectors to chime in on the anomalies with this piece. I'm relatively new to this and trying to learn about what to look for and I'm always running into problems with daggers offered for sale by dealers who are NOT new to this and it hurts me to see that there are items trading hands with significant sums of money involved when they are just "parts daggers" or outright fakes. It seems like there are more fakes and frankendaggers out there than honest originals...

?

I don't see any anomalies on that dagger. Looks like a late production SS RZM.

But if it's from archives ... whats the point ? .... unless you are tying to shine a light on a particular dealer ?
    Last edited by Dave H; 03-31-2022 at 03:05 AM. Reason: Spelling

If more photos cannot be posted to help in authentication..then the dagger is of no value.

Sorry DisasterC ...without more photos ...no one can make a dollar out of 99 cents !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill