Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Chained SS Dagger

Article about: Hello Thanks for looking at the post, I thought I would share the Chained Dagger. I believe the scabbard may be a period done repaint, due to it looks very old and no fresh paint smell. Than

?

Default Chained SS Dagger

Hello
    Thanks for looking at the post, I thought I would share the Chained Dagger. I believe the scabbard may be a period done repaint, due to it looks very old and no fresh paint smell.

Thanks Curt
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chained SS Dagger   Chained SS Dagger  

Chained SS Dagger   Chained SS Dagger  

Chained SS Dagger  
    Attached Images Attached Images Chained SS Dagger 
    Last edited by Larry C; 04-10-2016 at 10:02 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS Dagger
    P
    Many

suffering a bit but looks ok to me.

Hi Curt nice dagger.
    Its hard too say if the paint is period done or not. It looks old but i think its not professional done by the Factory because it is not done accurately and paint has left on the fittings.

Regards Rafael
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Chained SS Dagger  

Agreeing that it's not like any TR period factory/professional paint that I've seen before, for the smell or a lack of it for general information I would like to add a page from helmet collecting. Which while its not an area that I specialize in, from time to time issues are addressed that help with other items. With the presence of a paint smell an obvious indicator of a recent rework, or even an outright fraud, in some cases there might not be a detectable paint smell with items that were done years not many decades ago. So helmet collectors have to rely on other indicators of postwar work, which could be seemingly minor, or might even require a side by side examination in comparison with a known period item that hasn't been fooled around with (in one manner or another). Best Regards, Fred