Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Chained SS Dagger Type A - Initial Production aka Type 3

Article about: It has been long awaited due to my inability to post anything lately..or for a long time..I have found Christmas at this early hour to do so. My apologies for lacking. Below is an Initial Pr

Default Chained SS Dagger Type A - Initial Production aka Type 3

It has been long awaited due to my inability to post anything lately..or for a long time..I have found Christmas at this early hour to do so. My apologies for lacking.
    Below is an Initial Production Chained SS Officer dagger I had acquired last year through the help and support of Paul Hogle " Lakesidetrader" this Chained SS comes from WRF member "Command450" and originally found at a 1978 Grand Rapids Michigan militaria show by his father who had amassed a large extensive collection.

Those who have gone to the recent max show may have seen it on display at WRF member "Dyzner" table along side a Chained SA High leader dagger.
    The dagger is in what I consider to be Near mint to mint condition. I have waited near 20 yrs for this opportunity to arise..as my negligence caused me to walk away from a CH SS dagger in 1994 Pittsburg Pa Max Show..when I should of bought it at that time.

I will let the photos tell the rest about the dagger..and what is expected to be seen on Type A CH SS ..including quality craft..and details as paint spidering we love to see on the scabbard.
    The crossgrain is all there right down to the tip with light runner marks.
    As expected with these early types are the yellow toned Crossguards of high nickel content that over the years seems to bring forth.
    This is my Prize the center piece of my collection and greatest find of what I study of these Officer types.

I give Special Thanks to Paul Hogle , JR Meda, Wagner aka " Serge" , Tom Wittmann and Red Baron ,for their historical assistance.
    Im proud to be a sentinel to this particular piece of history.

Chained SS Dagger Type A - Initial Production aka Type 3 Chained SS Dagger Type A - Initial Production aka Type 3
    Chained SS Dagger Type A - Initial Production aka Type 3 Chained SS Dagger Type A - Initial Production aka Type 3
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-25-2015 at 02:01 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Chained SS Dagger Type A - Initial Production aka Type 3
    P
    Many

More

It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Absolutely exquisite, Larry. Congratulations. Rightfully the center piece to any collection.

Congrats, Larry. What can be said,?, Beautiful just beautiful....

Nothing wrong with This beauty! A fine pick up and addition to any collection, for sure! That blade shines like a shaving mirror! I like the unusual pebble finish D-ring too! Well done!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

mpw
    ?

Lovely piece and definitely worth the wait. A real cracker, or should I say Christmas craker.

Rgd's

Mark.

Hi Larry, I remembering this dagger for sale - Actually often wondered where it went.

Im not clued up with these new terms a,b,c (or whatever they are), But I thought the advert said it had a type 3 chain (may be wrong)?

Anyway great dagger, merry xmas........ ho ho ho

Thankyou Gents... Yes Mattty you are correct that it is called a Type 3 Chain ( Skull with septum )
    I used Ralf Siegerts Chronological scale which is easier to follow for myself and the readers.

Alot get confused in the backwards order that Tom Wittmann has started and confuses many Type I ( Late variation ) ....... Type 3 ( early variation ).

Just trying to keep it simple. Great Observation Mattty.

Type A - All Nickel production w/septum / painted scabbard .............................................aka Type II wotan knot connectors
    Type B - All Nickel production no septum / painted scabbard ............................................aka Type II wotan knot connectors
    Type B1 - Nickel Plated fittings no septum/ painted and in some cases anodized scabbard....aka Type II wotan knot connectors / 2 screws in center ramp
    Type C - Silver plated everything - no septum / anodized scabbard ...................................aka Type I wotan knot connectors / 2 screws in center ramp ...sometimes 1

So for the old school collectors..this dagger is a Type 3 and will edit the thread title . Regards Larry

Hi ya Larry, don't change things on my account.

I haven't read Ross siegerts book yet, but I agree that this system is far more easier for everybody to understand.

Time after time we see chained daggers advertised with the wrong chain pattern. Quite comical really.

Thankyou for clearing that up,

best matty

?

That was one good looking dagger. Congrats with this one!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast