MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Double marked "Henckels" and "RZM 15/38 SS dagger

Article about: This SS dagger is for sale at an auction. It looks reasonable, but my question is mainly about the double trademark. The RZM daggers I know usually have an RZM and SS mark and number, or jus

hvm
    ?

Default Double marked "Henckels" and "RZM 15/38 SS dagger

This SS dagger is for sale at an auction. It looks reasonable, but my question is mainly about the double trademark. The RZM daggers I know usually have an RZM and SS mark and number, or just an RZM mark and number. This dagger has a maker mark and RZM mark with a number. Is this combination known? Also, shouldn't the markings be facing towards the tip of the dagger? I would like to hear your opinion about this dagger?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Double marked "Henckels" and "RZM 15/38 SS dagger
    P
    Many

?

Better pictures will be needed IMO, others may be able to tell in an instant if original, but there are some noticeable differences, the cross graining is odd, at least to me, JMO, wait for others, G
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Double marked "Henckels" and "RZM 15/38 SS dagger   Double marked "Henckels" and "RZM 15/38 SS dagger  

I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

You will find here in this pinned thread within this forum if you look above a few threads you will see here > RZM M7 Makers Code List - Plus SS Dienstdolch Contract Codes

that the RZM 15/38 SS does exist
    From the poor photos as Gwar has pointed out ..seeing through the crap the whole dagger is junk including the laser etched blade.
    Grip eagle and Runes button junk also.

Dont waste your time on poor photos ..its not worth your money. Never buy anything you can not see !

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

hvm
    ?

Thank you gentlemen for confirming my suspicion. I will certainly pass this one up. In any case, I think the condition of the knife is too bad to consider in my collection.

What my question was also about is the combination of an RZM and a maker mark. I did not find this in the post with RZM maker codes, also pointed out by Larry C. What I understand from Wittmann's SS dagger movie is that the RZM was used for contract assignments, where the number stands for the producer. Why is there also a maker mark added? Is the example you are showing a genuine one GWAR?

Also, this marking is not directed towards the tip of the blade, which is normal with RZM marking, right?

WAM Hobby Journal #1 - SS Daggers - YouTube

Quote by hvm View Post
    Thank you gentlemen for confirming my suspicion. I will certainly pass this one up. In any case, I think the condition of the knife is too bad to consider in my collection.

What my question was also about is the combination of an RZM and a maker mark. I did not find this in the post with RZM maker codes, also pointed out by Larry C. What I understand from Wittmann's SS dagger movie is that the RZM was used for contract assignments, where the number stands for the producer. Why is there also a maker mark added? Is the example you are showing a genuine one GWAR?

Also, this marking is not directed towards the tip of the blade, which is normal with RZM marking, right?

WAM Hobby Journal #1 - SS Daggers - YouTube
    What this is called is a transistional dagger with both makers mark and rzm code..
    The daggers are often mentioned as early with only makers mark 1933-35
    And then transistional period 1937-41, where you see both the makers mark and the rzm number.
    And then late war with only rzm markings.

Here is a picture of some of the producers who used double makers mark.

hvm
    ?

Thanks for this insight. Every day that I search around on this forum my knowledge is upgraded one level. Thanks for that.

I want to focus mainly on caps and daggers in my collection. I think I will also buy some of Wittmann's books. The only disadvantage is that they are hard to find in the Netherlands. I'll just have to get them from the US.

Hello HVM ...the link I provided to you are SS Contract codes and if you would of scrolled down about halfway you would see the 15/38 SS code ...its there look again
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

hvm
    ?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello HVM ...the link I provided to you are SS Contract codes and if you would of scrolled down about halfway you would see the 15/38 SS code ...its there look again
    I know Larry C, I did see it. Thanks for that. But I did not understand that this meant that also the maker mark would be showing next to RZM marking. I was aware of the existence of this maker, but now I also know how they look engraved on the dagger. Thank you all.