Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn makers mark on SS Dagger

Article about: I came by this blade at a garage sale and am pretty sure it is a fake because of the Eickhorn makers mark. Here is a picture of it, did Eickhorn use this makers on SS or is this mark even co

brookshire
    ?

Default Eickhorn makers mark on SS Dagger

I came by this blade at a garage sale and am pretty sure it is a fake because of the Eickhorn makers mark. Here is a picture of it, did Eickhorn use this makers on SS or is this mark even correct for any Eickhorn dagger or just someones copy? Blade also seems to be a little narrow in comparision to my SA blades. I only paid a few buck for it so not out much if it is a fake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Eickhorn makers mark on SS Dagger  

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: Eickhorn makers mark on SS Dagger

that style Eichorn logo was used from 1934 to 35.
    but they were on SS daggers and the logo looks good to me. pics of the rest of the dagger would be helpfull to see if the whole dagger looks right. andrew

Eickhorn made both SA and SS daggers which the blade width would not vary. There may be slight variances in motto application by a couple of millimeters as this process was done by hand.. But nothing over measured. Eickhorn used also the smaller double oval logo for their Rohm daggers. Great pickup if you paid a few dollars for it. Best regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill