Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Eickhorn transitional

Article about: Auction piece coming up. Nothing jumps out at me right away as being bad, but I am no master at the subtleties between the makers. Appreciate any comments!

Default Eickhorn transitional

Auction piece coming up. Nothing jumps out at me right away as being bad, but I am no master at the subtleties between the makers. Appreciate any comments!

Eickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitionalEickhorn transitional

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Eickhorn transitional
    P
    Many

I would expect greater quality and craftmanship coming from an early Eickhorn transitional ( The blade was reissued and RZM number added which was common for returned Rohm daggers or over stocked blades. )
    Im seeing 2 different guards and again would expect conformity on an early dagger and producer.
    Scabbard and assembly is all early including the early snap clip.
    Not a fan of this one.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I would expect greater quality and craftmanship coming from an early Eickhorn transitional ( The blade was reissued and RZM number added which was common for returned Rohm daggers or over stocked blades. )
    Im seeing 2 different guards and again would expect conformity on an early dagger and producer.
    Scabbard and assembly is all early including the early snap clip.
    Not a fan of this one.

Regards Larry
    Thank you, Larry! This is why I defer to you folks on these types of details.

What about the blade tells you this was reissued? Is it the particular way the RZM code has been inscribed?

I have been reading through the threads here and Lakeside Trader's education pages regarding daggers but I still feel very "lost" - especially with SS ones. I know things differ slightly between makers. Do you have a recommendation on a resource that could provide more visual aids into identifying these subtleties?

The logo is an early Eickhorn used on early SA and SS daggers.
    See below

The first to are the large double oval trademarks used by Eickhorn on their SA and SS daggers with added RZM numbers
    The last 2 are ground Rohm small double oval returned to Eickhorn with added RZM numbers.

Eickhorn transitional
    Credit : GDC

Once all the existing inventory was exhausted ..Eickhorn began the use of a more updated Squirrel version with RZM numbers.
    Eickhorn transitional
    Credit: GDC
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Quote by Larry C View Post
    The logo is an early Eickhorn used on early SA and SS daggers.
    See below

The first to are the large double oval trademarks used by Eickhorn on their SA and SS daggers with added RZM numbers
    The last 2 are ground Rohm small double oval returned to Eickhorn with added RZM numbers.

Eickhorn transitional
    Credit : GDC

Once all the existing inventory was exhausted ..Eickhorn began the use of a more updated Squirrel version with RZM numbers.
    Eickhorn transitional
    Credit: GDC
    Larry, thanks for putting this together. Very helpful! What is GDC?