Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FB stamped guards.

Article about: This is my first post. Right now I'm reading more than I post. However just curious if these guards with the FB were used a lot in replica daggers. I purchased a very relic SS dagger that wa

Default FB stamped guards.

This is my first post. Right now I'm reading more than I post. However just curious if these guards with the FB were used a lot in replica daggers. I purchased a very relic SS dagger that was so old and incorrect I thought I'd take a chance. The only other dagger I've purchased was from Paul at Lakesidetrader. I would appreciate any thoughts on these guards. Also was it common to see traces of copper under the eagle plating and on the guard edges?FB stamped guards.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement FB stamped guards.
    P
    Many

Hi Garth...none that I have seen with injection mold points or have been documented as to be used in the late period.

Who is the producer on your blade..and we can proceed? More pics of the whole dagger would be appreciated.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Default FB crossguards

Thanks Larry, this dagger has no value to it other than a possible restoration project. That I found AS FB stamps on the guards is a hopeful sign. The blade that came with it was a relic SA blade that struck me as odd that it was there at all. If it is late war that would explain the over all poor quality.
    Don't think anyone was trying to fool anyone with this dagger. It's just an old relic that could use a nice blade.
    Last edited by Garth E; 03-27-2017 at 08:42 PM. Reason: Actually the question is really only on the authenticity of the FB crossguards, The rest of the dagger is irrelevant.

deleted photos.
    Last edited by Garth E; 03-29-2017 at 08:27 PM.

Hi Garth,
    these F.B. marked guards are also used on late SS daggers. I own a Henckels 15/39 SS with this kind of guards! According to my knowledge,only the 15/39 Henckels were equipped with this kind of guards,but with a tapared tang nut. The hole is bigger,as on other marked guards.
    I'll post two pics for reference!
    Regards,
    Gerd

Here are the pics. Guess you will see it.
    Gerd
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture FB stamped guards.   FB stamped guards.  

I gave the relicy old SS dagger to friend who just wanted something from the war. I'm turning my site's towards a decent dagger now that I have a little more knowledge about these things. What a minefield.

Quote by Garth E View Post
    deleted photos.
    Garth , Please do not delete photos. Once uploaded here they belong to the WRF ..who the Admins and Mods reserve the right to modify or delete upon our discretion. Could you please put them back or contact me via PM and I will reinsert them. Nothing ever posted is irrelevant. Let us decide that.

Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Sorry Larry....was my first post. Here's the photos back.FB stamped guards.FB stamped guards.FB stamped guards.FB stamped guards.FB stamped guards.FB stamped guards.

Thankyou Garth ... Awesome

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast