Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Gustav Spitzer 1933 need help

Article about: A Belgian dealer is presenting this dagger. I always thought Spitzer was not among the early dagger manufacturers. Please shed your light on this dagger, I have some doubts. Thank you.

Default Gustav Spitzer 1933 need help

A Belgian dealer is presenting this dagger. I always thought Spitzer was not among the early dagger manufacturers. Please shed your light on this dagger, I have some doubts. Thank you.

Gustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need help

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Gustav Spitzer 1933 need help
    P
    Many

Default Gustav Spîtzer 1933 need help (part 2)

More images

Gustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need helpGustav Spitzer 1933 need help

I believe Spitzer made RZM SS daggers as well.

Would be nice to see closeups of eagle and roundel.

?

I have some doubts as well. Spitzer is not a known early maker, but who knows ?

Meanwhile the photos (In both posts) are not very plentiful and seem to show:

- The hanger is probably bad

- The scabbard screws are very flat looking ...?

- The bungled stamp on the lower guard seems the wrong size

- The cross-grain on the blade is not the familiar pattern

- The Spitzer mark is deeper than many acid etches.

More and better pics needed.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Gustav Spitzer 1933 need help  

Fritz I merged both threads togther as there is no need to have 2 of the same thread.

Blade is Junk and has a laser etch and I agree with Dave ..spitzer is not a known producer of early SS daggers...and by the details that Dave has laid out..the Dagger is parts and junk.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill