Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Information solicited on a M33 SS Dagger

Article about: I am a new member and I am seeking information. I have had this dagger since 1950, purchasing it when I was just a kid. I believe it to be a transitional M33 SS dagger and that it was made b

?

We all learn and it is all a process. No blood no foul.

Don't contact Paul as that Dagger was sold. Here is another one for reference I believe is a good one on another dealer site: Pictures Courtesy of Oakleaf Militaria

Lauterjung & Sohn PUMA WERK

Information solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS DaggerInformation solicited on a M33 SS Dagger
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Information solicited on a M33 SS Dagger
    P
    Many

?

neelyja, I did not to intend to be harsh.. I hope you can find a dealer / buyer if deemed original that will achieve your goals !! G
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

?

Quote by neelyja View Post
    My thanks to those who have responded!! I do not wish to appear confrontational!!

However, I have a bit of urgency in my quest for information. I am attempting to raise funds for my Grandson's college fund, and I want to determine if this dagger should go on the block.
    Respect and understand your reasoning. Should other blade folks on here deem your dagger okay I would suggest you put it up for sale here in the classifieds and let it go to a good home here within the WRF Collecting community. We don't appraise or give you a suggested selling price as that is up to you to decide and do research for what other pieces in this condition sell for. Your call but I believe it would be a good place to insure it goes to a great home.

I am a VP of Sales. Will help you sell it. . Your motive is fine and admirable and if shared upfront many folks could be interested in your dagger. I believe as many here do in preserving history and protecting the hobby for the next generation. Unfortunately we have many people who blow in and out of here for a kiss and goodbye at the same time and they are on to the next conquest. It is a Semper Fi and keep each other supported kind of place. Thought maybe adding this might help explain about more about who we are and why we exist.

For all the right reasons

Quote by neelyja View Post
    My sincere thanks to Gwar and Rossi!! My apologies to you all for using this venue for what I thought was a valid use. It was my ignorance as to where to turn for information that lead me here.

I shall contact Paul Hogel as suggested. I DO appreciate your help and understanding!!
    Hi Neelya no worries and do not consider it ignorance of your actions here...the forum unlike many others has specific ideals which we would engage in study and discussion. I do support member Gwars comments as what we are not is a Convenience store which many come in and leave without saying a word....we get alot of that here and we tend to be cautious who we chat with revealing sensitive information to.

Your dagger is not early but which is a mid period type bearing the M33 characteristics ... It depends upon the holder of the dagger that will call it an M33 ..but an M33 IMO is an all early type being produced between very late Dec. 1933 through 1935.
    Your dagger would be called a Mid period type. Being produced of a little lesser in quality with material changes from early Nickel to plated fittings as seen by the plate lift on the crossguards.

I wont give an exact amount due to its condition ..the dagger type, desirability and period ...but in the case of college funds for your family member ....nothing below $2000 .

Paul Hogle aka "Lakesidetrader is a forum sponsor here and will sure to assist you with further pricing.

You are very welcomed to stay and be a part of this community which you entered here most humbly
    We appreciate your good intentions.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Why not consider putting it up for sale here in our for sale section. Good luck in your quest.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Why not consider putting it up for sale here in our for sale section. Good luck in your quest.
    I did suggest that earlier. Great way to keep it in the WRF family. I have at least 1 collector friend who is looking for an SS dagger

Quote by Rossi View Post
    I did suggest that earlier. Great way to keep it in the WRF family. I have at least 1 collector friend who is looking for an SS dagger
    Also my feeling.
    And I am also looking for one, to fill that gap in my collection.
    So any comment on this dagger, coming from me could give rise to prejudice....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

My thanks to you all for understanding my situation!! As much as I would like to participate in this forum, the SS dagger I have is the only piece I have, and am likely to have considering my age (81) and my need to make my life a bit more simple!!

HOWEVER, Rossi, I am going to take you up on your offer to help me sell the dagger and keep it within the WRF family!!

I shall be back in touch as soon as I can learn a bit more about the dagger from your Threads and Posts.

Again my Thanks and Cheers,

Jim Neely (neelyja)

Could someone please tell me where this dagger ranks on the rarity scale of SS daggers??

Many thanks!!

A nice collectable RZM SS dagger that would not be considered out of the ordinary.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast