Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jacobs numbered early SS dagger

Article about: Hello the forum. Another piece of my collection, a numbered early JACOBS. Unfortunately with signs of age..... The two crossguards are P.A. marked and are in nickel silver. The lower crossgu

?

Default Jacobs numbered early SS dagger

Hello the forum.
    Another piece of my collection, a numbered early JACOBS.
    Unfortunately with signs of age.....
    The two crossguards are P.A. marked and are in nickel silver.
    The lower crossguard has a number but difficult to read, if anyone has an idea,....

Forget the hanger, it's a copy similar (same hook and same confection) to the vertical one I've presented here....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jacobs numbered early SS dagger   Jacobs numbered early SS dagger  

Jacobs numbered early SS dagger   Jacobs numbered early SS dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Jacobs numbered early SS dagger
    P
    Many

The blade is Jacobs according to the Tang marking A 22
    No other producer has been listed to use A22.

The guards are generic Piel & Adey and only 5 SS Producers or contractors used PA....Jacobs in NOT one of them.

The blade and crossguards have been zealously overcleaned as the motto looks worn down.
    Due to a depth of perception loss...it is difficult to discern if the grip belongs or not ....as the runes and grip eagle kind of get lost in the darkness of the really black grip.

The grip eagle appears to be a Klittermann and Moog type and the Runes button an Arthur Schuttlehoffer example....really none of the details I pointed out says this is a whole unmessed with Jacobs.

Im not a fan of this one...too many questions that need answers.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hmmm, wonder if this was a T. Johnson/Atwood parts dagger from back in the day. TJ sure did hit a goldmine when he went to Solingen and smaller firms outside of Solingen to solicit for parts. the fallout from this is yet haunting collectors today.

?

THX for your advices.
    Do you think possible to get a numbered part like the lower crossguard ?
    What are the 5 SS productors which used P.A. ? I don't have this information....

?

Both crossguards on my Jacobs are marked PA and the tang is also A22. I too am interested in learning more about this.

Good info Vibmon ...this is what I like to see that more details of the same are observed.
    I will make a note that Jacob's may have used PA marked guards...but would like to see more in the future.
    Thanks for the info....do you have your Jacob's in a thread somewhere in this forum?

Regards Larry

?

Larry,

Both the Jacobs I've owned, plus one I took apart at MAX, had P. A. crossguards.

Dave

Perfect ..thanks Dave.

?

Happy to have made the things go forward

If SO can help me to read the lower guard number.......

The numbers Im seeing only.....7133...but I can not see what the first and last characters are as they have a boxed looked to them and do not match the style of the numbers 7133.

If they are supposed to be a number 2 ...it should not have a boxed look to it.
    This is maybe a 6 digit number which may not reveal an Identity once identification of the first and last numbers are seen. Dienstalterlistes are not complete.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast