Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Klaas 1933 SS Dagger

Article about: Hi and thank you for adding me! My husband and were given this Dagger in the 80's or the 90's. It was in his Grandfather's garage for decades before that. I sent it out for an estimate and w

?

Hello.
    I assume that the estimator is also a trader. He also wants to win something.
    Georgi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Klaas 1933 SS Dagger
    P
    Many

Yes, it is a Trader. I found by searching google images of this particular SS dagger. I could tell by the Google images that the one we have is real. So, I did expect it to fetch more seeing prices in the 7k area, but then when he responded with condition issues, I decided I better do a little more research.

Default scabbard photos taken 226

Thanks again for all the advice, from you all! Very grateful. Of course now I am researching a WD40 bath and can't find a decent Youtube video of it. I'll get there. Would like to get the price I can, as I am on a limited income and it would help me with some home repairs I have been putting off for lack of funds.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Klaas 1933 SS Dagger   Klaas 1933 SS Dagger  

Klaas 1933 SS Dagger   Klaas 1933 SS Dagger  

I have more photos, just takes a while because I can't seem to select more than one photo at a time and upload them that way.

Default more photos for review

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Klaas 1933 SS Dagger   Klaas 1933 SS Dagger  

Hi Larry, I'm hoping that's enough scabbard pics? That's all I have for tonight. Tomorrow I will begin to research a DW40 bath. Again appreciate your advice, greatly!!!

As a footnote to the already great advice do not try dismantling the dagger to turn the blade/crossguard around with out using the correct size spanner. Regards Paul

Quote by SkylineDrive View Post
    beginner... many SS dagger scabbards were repainted black during the period because the blued (incorrectly but commonly called anodized) finish wore out. That does not mean it is the wrong scabbard. That tells me the "estimator" either doesn't know SS daggers, or intentionally tried to mislead you.
    Hello Belinda ...I can only echo Mr Skylines post above and yes this scabbard is painted black.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Hello beginner ,do not try to take nut off top with pliers .since it was off once it may be loose enough to do by hand if not you need a pen reel fishing wrench.I have seen these on e-bay also a dealer Tom Wittman sales a combo wrench .If you get it apart put blade in Tupperware tub it will fit in and spray with WD 40 to cover it .and let it soak. Don’t polish the fittings and when putting back together don’t over tighten or you’ll break the grip .

To this Group of wonderful, helpful people, Larry, all,
    I'm wondering if I was to counter offer + $500 US dollars to the offer I received if that would be a fair thing to do? I think it is worth it to do the work myself but it will take some doing and I would like to get this going, if this make sense?
    Thanks!
    "Belinda" With a little chuckle

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast