Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

M36 for Evaluation and Comment

Article about: Hi, long time lurker, 1st time posting. I started collecting back in the early to mid 1970's. I sold much of my collection in the 1990's to buy a house, and have been collecting casually sin

?

As an addition, I have suspected for several years that this might be a repro. When I bought it, there was no Internet and the books available were not great. Later, after attending shows, I felt the dagger might be less than completely original. When I sold part of my collection in the 1990's, one of the buyers offered me $2,400 for the dagger, but I didn't think it was the right thing to do. I've had the dagger 40 years, and paid $100 for it - a cost of .04 per week of ownership! I'll keep it hanging on the wall, a good lesson learned. This site is a wonderful resource, and you are all to be commended for being so generous with your time.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M36 for Evaluation and Comment
    P
    Many

?

After modifying a wrench - with the help of my grandson - removing the pommel nut was pretty easy. However, the results were disappointing. There are no markings of any kind on the pommel (see attached photos). Thank you.M36 for Evaluation and CommentM36 for Evaluation and Comment

Thankyou for the extra photos..which supports the over frosted motto.
    The tang is very fat for being an SS or SA dagger type.

Below is a photo of a standard SA dagger tang ..which some slightly vary in width and girth. Your example goes to the extreme and without billet clamp marks on the side.

I will say there are some tangs that are marked and unmarked by those foundries who produced for some producers. Not all producers produced their own blades.

M36 for Evaluation and CommentM36 for Evaluation and Comment

Your example is more modern

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you very much for all of your assistance.

Sorry for a late comment, but the skulls all look kind of… happy...?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2