Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Maybe a good first SS? Help please

Article about: Good evening my friends. I have an opportunity to add an SS in my new collecting adventure. I need to be sure I haven’t overlooked fatal imperfections or outright flaws my novice eyes may

Default Maybe a good first SS? Help please

Good evening my friends. I have an opportunity to add an SS in my new collecting adventure. I need to be sure I haven’t overlooked fatal imperfections or outright flaws my novice eyes may have missed. I hope your knowledgeable eyes can and will share your thoughts on if this is a worthy first purchase at $2000 or if I need to wait not only to learn what makes a dagger valuable but how to discern it on my own. From what I have seen and read here throughout this forum, you guys are great teachers. These are the only photos I have to go by. Thank you. Maybe a good first SS? Help pleaseMaybe a good first SS? Help pleaseMaybe a good first SS? Help pleaseMaybe a good first SS? Help please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Maybe a good first SS? Help please
    P
    Many

That grip almost appears plastic or is it ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

First you need detailed pics of the dagger, these are sh*t
    cant see any details, and all seems polished to dead, the grip looks plastic on the back, like Larry said

Ger

In this case, I don't think better photos are needed. Cheap fake in my opinion, probably made in Taiwan with, as Larry already suspected, probably a plastic grip. The eagle!!! The blade looks like it was cast, with huge cracks as a result of bad casting!

?

Quote by NSDAP Sammler View Post
    In this case, I don't think better photos are needed. Cheap fake in my opinion, probably made in Taiwan with, as Larry already suspected, probably a plastic grip. The eagle!!! The blade looks like it was cast, with huge cracks as a result of bad casting!
    Yeah i know
    But wouldnt it be nice to see that in detail?

Thank you to all for your input. That is why I came to you with even this less than stellar backed ask. I am sorry for the lack of quality of the pictures. The dagger (and pictures) came from an enterprise /business I have seen referenced here on the forum that had enjoyed praise in the past, but this is the world of “believe the item” which is hard to argue with. The gentleman spoke to the fact that the cross grain was polished away and there were some destructive storage issues that left some damage around the etchings but the value for this as an SS and the pricing was still a good match.

Hi Michael ....what is the name of that " enterprise " you seen referenced here. Post a link to a thread where you have seen it and I will support this thread which this dagger is posted on.

I agree that the blade has some condition issues being over cleaned and the motto possibly being be nazified ...but as mentioned the lack of photos does not show enough needed detail.
    The Grip is still very questionable.

Please post that entity that has been mentioned in your post above.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Larry,
    Thank you for helping me further with even so little to gleen from. I think I have already missed the buying window, but if not I will followup as I can without wasting everyone’s time and energy

Michael its not a waste of time ...what has been posted which only helps the community from being burned themselves.
    Regards Larry

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast