Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Article about: Hi Raymond, I was think that as he was a wanted war criminal and having commited suicide, the Allies might well have not allowed him a known marked grave? But as we have said, he was still o

Default re: Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936

Hi, I have not seen these, as I have only got his wartime SS files and some post war, war crimes trials documents. But this detailed info must exist somewhere but I have yet to find it and obtain copies. If I do, I will show them here. But a couple of authors and the Israelis were happy he killed himself in May 1945.

Cheers, Ade.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936
    P
    Many

Dead? Lolling is not Dead. He lives with Ade!

?

That is true! What a very nice dagger!! Thats one of a kind ..

Bringing this old thread back up to bring it to a new forum audience.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Ade you beat me too it....this time...... hehe

Super Item!!!

<--------------------Is Slacking

Never tire of this thread! Nice one Ade

A truly incredible piece Ade. How is it that the IWM identified the dagger as Lolling's? Was it some kind of accompanying documentation or something on the dagger? What did you know about it before making your appointment with them?

It's an amazing piece in itself, but the history that comes with it really does make it priceless. I understand your comments about it being a 'double-edged sword' in regards to owning a piece with such a dark connection, I feel that way with my Totenkopf- it's certainly a reminder of the nature of many of these items. I think it's extremely important to preserve the history of these artefacts, to be able to hold something that had a direct connection to these tragic events seems to bring some reality to what seems so hard to comprehend. The Holocaust museum website had a feature of a collection of items all with stories relating to it, I think these things would be of interest to them.

Mat

Truly a very interesting piece of history. All the knowledge you have on the background of the dagger makes it a special item.

Hi Mat, thanks for the comments.

It was his SS serial number plus his intitals to the crossguard which identified it. Simply a case of going through the 1936 Dienstalterliste and Bingo! I did my research there with the late author James Lucas who used to work in the Dept of Photos at the IWM.

I will have a look at the website you mentioned.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Hi Mat, here is his entry from the 1936 Dienstalterliste.

As you can see, it gives his name, SS number, unit, awards etc.

Cheers, Ade.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Named and researched SS-Dienstdolch Modell 1936  

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast