Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need help early chaind m36 help with scabbard ball identification

Article about: Hi ss m36 early chained missing chain scabbard ball has wierd form anyone seen this? Check picture

per
    ?

Thanks for the valuable input Larry. Is it so that this chain could be composed of two chains, you see the right two links with skull have a different patina with a greenish look. Would the knot, fake skull and rest be part of a newly manufactured chain? the more a look at it the more a don't like it. The Wotan knot should it be plated? Sellers fittings have all been opened I will definitely don't buy this chain.

Sellers chain on the left and 1 image reference chain that i be looking for to the rightNeed help early chaind m36 help with scabbard ball identification

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help early chaind m36 help with scabbard ball identification
    P
    Many

Hi Per...compare the eye sockets on the good chain skull compared to the one skull tab I pointed out.
    The skull tab that I am indifferent about appears to show rounder eye sockets...which is a red flag for a fake tab.

Need help early chaind m36 help with scabbard ball identification

the answer to your question if the chain has been messed with is Yes !
    Leave the chain where it is and move on.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Agreeing with Larry, the chained SS daggers have become a very treacherous minefield for a while now. Not that long ago there was a serious invasion of what were called the "East Bloc" fakes that started out relatively crude, and then proceeded to get better and better as they evolved. Not to be outdone, for even longer domestic hybrids have been around for a long time that are essentially parts daggers making use of SA dagger parts, some SS parts, (and attempts to normalize them). Best Regards, Fred

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2