Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????

Article about: It is fake. Anytime you see the eagle in the middle of th handle and not much closer to the blade, It is a fake. Besdies that nothing fits nice like it should. Joe

Heather1916
    ?

Default NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????

We have an SS Dagger that we don't know much about, we are wanting to know if it's real or fake and if it's real how much is it worth. Any help would be very helpful.
    Thank you!!!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????   NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????  

NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????   NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????  

2. # ADS

Default Re: NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????

How about a clear close up shot of the top of the pommel nut taken from the rear with the dagger lying flat...
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Heather1916
    ?

Here are a few more pics.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????   NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????  

NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????  

Heather1916
    ?

more pics

From what I see so far, this looks to be of poor quality. The fit of the handle to the cross guard is very poor, and the handle itself appears to be cut imprecisely. Can you tell if the handle is hard plastic or wood?

Is it just the picture or is the engraving (motto) on the blade not perfectly proportioned along the central raised portion?

Also, is there any cross grain visible on the blade?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Quote by Heather1916 View Post
    more pics
    Is there something stamped on the top left of the cross guard or is that damage to that particular area?

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I took some of the existing photos, cleaned them up and enlarged them. My opinion is that this is NOT a piece that I would want in a collection. The quality just is not there, the RZM does not look correct...and for other reasons as well.

Please wait for other opinions, but I see too much that I don't like.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Poor attempt at fooling the uninitiated

The RZM mark is one of many problems

E. & F. Hörster, would never have passed that one for inspection
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture NEED HELP...Is this Real or Fake????  

fake to me bad scabbard, fittings, RZM mark, handle, and a lot more also
    sorry Ronnie

jh92
    ?

I agree with Ronnie, it looks fake.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast