Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need Help with SS Dagger

Article about: Hi Guys, I might bid on an auction. What is your opinion on this SS Dagger? I think it looks legit. Description The blade shows the etched motto "Meine Ehre heißt Treue". RZM &quo

?

Default Need Help with SS Dagger

Hi Guys,

I might bid on an auction. What is your opinion on this SS Dagger? I think it looks legit. Description

The blade shows the etched motto "Meine Ehre heißt Treue". RZM "M7/37" and "1051/39/SS" maker marked. Light stains on both sides.

Black wooden handle with inlaid SS roundel and eagle (aluminum). It has a fine stress crack on the front but not chipping. Nickel-plated fittings. Original black-painted steel scabbard with nickel-plated fittings (magnetic). All screws are in place. The scabbard has no dents.

Comes with the original 3-piece black leather hanger. "A" (Assmann) and RZM "M5/8" maker marked as well as "DRGM" marked on the snap clip. It works fully.

Overall condition 2+. A nice dagger!

Need Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS DaggerNeed Help with SS Dagger

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need Help with SS Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Hello again. This dagger has a chance of being correct. I think the blade is correct, the grip eagle as well, has a good grip fit to the crossguard and a good fit to the scabbard.
    I think the scabbard has some kind of interference. Wait for more opinions on grip and scabbard.
    Georgi.

What is the marking on the back of the belt loop?

Quote by texasuberalles View Post
    What is the marking on the back of the belt loop?
    Nothing that I would want on any of my belt loops.
    Its supposed to be SS Runes in a diamond..but the question is where is the RZM control number ?
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Larry,

Check page 603 of TW's SS book. Top left photo.

He says "This original type of rigging should be considered very rare". Here is a photo of that same loop. I bought it from Tom.

Dave

Need Help with SS Dagger

Thanks Dave,,I am reading that 1 page rarity in Toms book....what are your thoughts on the OPS total rig ?

The dagger and fit itself looks correct.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

I think it looks good and the hanger is an extra. Bid on it.

If you win and the hanger is for sale, let me know !

dave@germandaggers.com

Dave

?

i dont like the diamond with the SS runes, i have seen those on HJ backpacks with M7 markings in front of the diamond.
    And a metal code on a leather backside strap can only be explaned by foolish lack of knowledge: just stamp it on it, looks good, the more the better!
    The backpacks themselves were period.
    this diamond SS stamp is imo post war, a bit of an upgrade so to say.
    Its also easy to see that the strap itself got more upgrades, the button of the gripstrap was painted black, and i think the strap and beltloop were dyed black.
    Its also shown on the inside of the leather, all is black

I dont care in this case what has been written in Tom's book, as all together, it could well been guessing for him too
    I liked Tom a lot, and he had a lot of knownledge, but a lot thats been written in the days have been proofed false along the internet years.

That hanger for sure would not be one for my collection

And i do not believe all thats written on paper is carved in stone

Ger

- - ------- - -

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Nothing that I would want on any of my belt loops.
    Its supposed to be SS Runes in a diamond..but the question is where is the RZM control number ?
    +1
    Last edited by gerrit; 09-26-2023 at 10:48 AM.

I would agree with Ger re the bogus stamp.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!