Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Need urgent help with opinion about SS/SA daggers

Article about: Good day to all! Few days ago I was offered by seller with few Daggers. Unfortunatly Im not an expert in that field (ussual ww2 german field equipment is more familiar to me as reenactor), n

?

Default Need urgent help with opinion about SS/SA daggers

Good day to all!
    Few days ago I was offered by seller with few Daggers.
    Unfortunatly Im not an expert in that field (ussual ww2 german field equipment is more familiar to me as reenactor), but now I'm tempted by posibility to obtein an more decorative item already .
    So i need help! Unfortunatly the pictures I have are not best posible. I will see the items in real soon (in friday) so I have to prepare my homework at least at some stage.
    I have doubtes about one eagle insignia that is very untipical, and one RZM mark (very light and almost invisible on blade) but as I mention I don't have any experiance.
    So as much as it is posible from those pictures...could you give some advice? I don't need perfect one- just original.
    Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need urgent help with opinion about SS/SA daggers   Need urgent help with opinion about SS/SA daggers  

Need urgent help with opinion about SS/SA daggers   Need urgent help with opinion about SS/SA daggers  

Need urgent help with opinion about SS/SA daggers   Need urgent help with opinion about SS/SA daggers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need urgent help with opinion about SS/SA daggers
    P
    Many

?

Pereto,

There is much to unpack here. I have collected for over 40 years and learned many lessons. Good up close pictures of these edged dress daggers is crucial and pivotal in not getting burned. You also would need to do much studying by Friday to be able to make an informed decision. Reading the threads here as well on certain types of SA, SS and DLV daggers.

In order to really dissect each dagger you need pictures of the SA, DLV and SS posted in 1 thread per dagger for the group here to assess each individually. Tang nut to tip photos. Guards, grip, pommels, insignia, motto, maker marks, hangers, fittings, scabbard all need good photos.

My advice. Pass on all of these, but that is just my opinion as a collector.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

Hello Pereto
    As Rossi stated above...I may add that there are sub forums for each dagger type and to start a thread of each dagger that belongs to that sub forum.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill