Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Needing advice: SS Dienstolch Carl Eickhorn

Article about: Recently I bought a blade from Germany, it seems to me that this blade could be fake because it looks too new (like it has just been produced from factory). So I would like to know is it fak

?

Default Needing advice: SS Dienstolch Carl Eickhorn

Recently I bought a blade from Germany, it seems to me that this blade could be fake because it looks too new (like it has just been produced from factory). So I would like to know is it fake or not?

Needing advice: SS Dienstolch Carl EickhornNeeding advice: SS Dienstolch Carl EickhornNeeding advice: SS Dienstolch Carl EickhornNeeding advice: SS Dienstolch Carl EickhornNeeding advice: SS Dienstolch Carl EickhornNeeding advice: SS Dienstolch Carl EickhornNeeding advice: SS Dienstolch Carl Eickhorn

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Needing advice: SS Dienstolch Carl Eickhorn
    P
    Many

Hi Bald!!...welcome to the forum...I would rather be bald than to get old ..just joking couldnt resist. Is there any tang markings on the other side of the tang..and would it be possible to shoot some side pics of the tang also? I want to see the billet clamp marks. Regards larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Despite the fact that this blade Does exhibit crossgraining, I don't believe that Eickhorn Squirrels were applied on SS blades in anything but butt facing the blade tip...Also, the makers mark is Very close to the crossguard and this was only done on blades with inscriptions on them, something this blade does not have. I would say a good fake, but one made with a couple of amateur mistakes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

I feel the same as William on this one guys, like larry I would also be interested in tang markings.
    Im certain we are looking at a nice replica here gents.

matty

?

Thank you for answering, I felt the same with this one, it happens when you order blade from online... Unfortunately there´s no more tang markings on the other side of the tang. These are all markings this blade have.

Kalju

Hi Bald...this blade is supposed to represent a Rohm SS dedication pattern..as the small Eickhorn logo was used to allow room for the inscription on the back of the blade. All I can say for a blade of this type....is the price you paid for it. I you paid under $500 for it...then it is repro...and that is still too much. Check your price on what you paid as these Rohm SS daggers bring in a higher value than their Rohm SA counterpart...as this type of dagger is nearing $10,000
    Photo credit "GDC" forum" ... Regards Larry
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Needing advice: SS Dienstolch Carl Eickhorn  
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thank you for professional answer, but I have one question more. Does all blades has to contain tang markings?

Tang markings vary by the blade producer ... Not all blades were made under one produce unless under contract with that specific maker. As requested above is there any markings on the Tang?

?

Ok Gents, a lot has been said already but here are my 2 cents:
    I thinks its a repro blade, Logo to close to the tang, especially considering that the blade falls into the lower guard a bit.
    The ridge on the blade is a bit to edgy, looks more like a RZM high ridge blade.
    These early ones have softer lines, more enhanced then the later blades.

Regards,
    Ger
    Last edited by gerrit; 02-25-2014 at 11:12 AM.