Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Opinions on SS Herder Dagger

Article about: Hi there, new to the forum and just wanted others’ opinions on this SS Dagger. Thanks in advance for any info.. Much appreciated.

Default Opinions on SS Herder Dagger

Hi there, new to the forum and just wanted others’ opinions on this SS Dagger. Thanks in advance for any info.. Much appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on SS Herder Dagger   Opinions on SS Herder Dagger  

Opinions on SS Herder Dagger   Opinions on SS Herder Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on SS Herder Dagger
    P
    Many

Hi Shaj
    The grip appears to have been repainted as seen in the photo. The top guard does not seem to fit well as this dagger surely was opened at some point in time.

The upper guard reverse side shows a poor fit and doesnt seem to conform to the guard that well.

Collecting SS daggers has a less tolerable list of acceptance in questionable details ..meaning ..through study of other early types in condition ( also found in many of the threads here within this forum ) the collector will understand due to the market value which these details command ..and has to remain consistent with early construction..details and of course condition to be expected after 80 years.

A decent dagger..the grip shoots it for me and SS dagger collectors are purists when it comes to this type of early type and the organization it represented.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Well this one has quite a couple of red flags.
    late RZM scabbard and topnut, early marked blade, no District on the guard, painted grip, repro hanger.
    Just find another one

Ger

Sorry for beeing a couple of months late to the dinner table, but shouldn't this early bird have a distribution marking (I-III) on the back of the lower crossguard as well?

Cheers,

Martin

Quote by Dark Knight View Post
    Sorry for beeing a couple of months late to the dinner table, but shouldn't this early bird have a distribution marking (I-III) on the back of the lower crossguard as well?

Cheers,

Martin
    Mentioned in the post before yours.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Thank's Ralph and sorry for my hasty reading of the post. I'm trying to go through all previous posts in the forum to steepen my learning curve a little on this new found subject of interest to me.

Would you say that the early mm daggers always were marked with a distribution numeral, or was this sporadic?

Thank's!

Martin

?

All kinds of problems with this one, as many have stated.