Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger

Article about: My great grandfather, brought this dagger back from Germany in 1945. I do not collect this material, however some initial searches on the internet led me to a couple of dealers of German dag

?

Logo placesed in standart place for Crhistmas dagger.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger
    P
    Many

?

Quote by den70 View Post
    Interesting dagger. I dont like eagle. I made compared pictures. Maybe someone know this eagle from badges or awards?
    As these were very early so called 'prototypes', they could have used different types of eagles imo. They always improved. Maybe the type you post came after the type that started the topic. For sure we know the well known eagle type that came later...
    Always innovating...
    Don't think textbook with this kind of daggers.

?

I am studyed history daggers and persons who was awarded Christmas daggers. You totaly correct, It's early daggers had not standart, but had the same detaling. It was eagle, scabbard, motto (in SA case) and etc. I am not tell it fake or original. We need learn it, and more good if some one who have good expirience disassembling and see internal staff (tang, guard...). I understand dissanmble not good, but in this case I think it nessesary.

Not all Pack Daggers had light coloured grips .... see image, this is a ground ROHM by Pack.
    The colour on the handle being discussed is more in keeping with HACO of Berlin Grips.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

?

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Not all Pack Daggers had light coloured grips .... see image, this is a ground ROHM by Pack.
    The colour on the handle being discussed is more in keeping with HACO of Berlin Grips.
    Yes ok but the dagger that started this topic is an SS dagger... not SA...

?

Wittman has a Prototype SA Christmas Dagger by E.P.& S for sale, I would think that the eagle would be the same but they are not. I don't know if Wittman's was ever discussed or not. There is also differences in location of the upper rune button. Just my two cents.Wittmann Antique Militaria #39366 Prototype SA Christmas Dagger by E.P.& S

?

Quote by M.E.E. View Post
    Wittman has a Prototype SA Christmas Dagger by E.P.& S for sale, I would think that the eagle would be the same but they are not. I don't know if Wittman's was ever discussed or not. There is also differences in location of the upper rune button. Just my two cents.Wittmann Antique Militaria #39366 Prototype SA Christmas Dagger by E.P.& S
    Good observation for sure.
    Who knows how many variations of these eagles they used at first?

?

Keep in mind the word "Prototype" when dealing with this very early type of dagger, its the very first type of its kind so forget other daggers, i have a good feeling about this dagger & do not want to see it trashed !

Some guys are talking sense & others talking crap , think out the norm

?

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Good observation for sure.
    Who knows how many variations of these eagles they used at first?
    Had two early variation first Eickhorn without spike and second Pack with spike. Some dagger used standart eagle for usual SA dagger. Of course very small numbers dagger avialable for stadyes, but this eagle have very strange sharp head.

I agree Krisse .... it was you that mentioned Pack Handles were lighter .... I presumed you was talking SA Grips as it would be very difficult to produce a light coloured SS Black Grip ...!!

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast