Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger

Article about: My great grandfather, brought this dagger back from Germany in 1945. I do not collect this material, however some initial searches on the internet led me to a couple of dealers of German dag

The purpose of reopening this thread was to announce the publishing of this reference to discuss further the topic at hand.
    This thread will be closed as it only is serving as a continuation of what has been repeated.
    I will reopen this thread upon request once those who have ordered this reference on this topic to further in engage in discussion.

Thread closed
    Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger
    P
    Many

With my thanks to forum member jimmy72, whose research/knowledge led to a comparative example for the style of the grip eagle. This badge was made in both a hollow back, and solid configuration. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

I suppose and by a very casual glance, the grip eagle design of the discussed dagger is slightly similar to that which appears on the first issue S-A Treffen Braunschweig 1931 badge and which by the way, was an official honour award of the NSDAP.

In my opinion though and with all due respect, the eagles are completely different by many aspects of their design features.

Regards and best wishes,

David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

Here is the eagle in question:-

Early Eagle Review

Regards and best wishes,

David

Here is the eagle in question ....

My thanks to jimmy72 for posting the stick pin eagle that he had in mind. The images below a side by side of it and the thread starter's ersatz machined brass eagle. The other the supposed ersatz eagle with a much more conventional silver type that was posted earlier. Best Regards, Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger   Rare SS Pack Prototype Dagger  

This eagle from parteiabzeichen is identified in the book; I guess you have not read the book despite that you were offered a copy free of charge....telling.

?

Prototyp doesnt mean imo that a gripeagle would have a nail between its legs to tighten it, as that is what it looks like.
    I have seen several socalled prototypes and they were very high quality builds, i cant believe a build like this would be used as a presentation piece to gain orders.....

Ger

Ger--each and every Pack produced SA Christmas dagger also has a nail between the eagles legs, just like this. Again--I believe this comparison between ss and sa eagles is in the book.

Quote by Title King View Post
    This eagle from parteiabzeichen is identified in the book; I guess you have not read the book
    That was not really the point. The Germans were really, really, good at mass producing emblems, and badges and all sorts of comparable items items at a very low cost, and in whatever material they choose to use. With some of the especially higher end PW fakes (multiple types) those making them sometimes had to make their own parts to complete the fakes and altered items. Oftentimes making it into various books for decades, that is then sometimes copied by other writers. So it's nothing new to see PW fakes coming into the marketplace from multiple sources. Best Regards, Fred

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast