Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Rzm 121/34 ss

Article about: Good Evening Gentlemen, I purchased this SS dagger at the Max show on Thursday. I was hoping to get opinions on it, if you would be so kind. Some pictures may be redundant as I was trying di

Default Rzm 121/34 ss

Good Evening Gentlemen,

I purchased this SS dagger at the Max show on Thursday. I was hoping to get opinions on it, if you would be so kind. Some pictures may be redundant as I was trying different lighting to provide the best pictures.

Thank you in advance.

Rzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ssRzm 121/34 ss

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rzm 121/34 ss
    P
    Many

I just want to add that the "green" on the scabbard and the tip of the blade is actually the reflection of my shirt.

Hello Lynette ....quite impressive and your homework paid off by researching first.

Definitely a fine early production period example ....as we say...Text book example of the details and materials to be expected from this unknown producer. You did very well

Welcome to the dark side in collecting SS ....you now have the fever after I had spoken with you at the show and you are off to a great start in this hobby and you have a home here now within this community.

Now the real fun begins by dressing up a micro display maybe with a belt buckle or something else supportive of the dagger.
    There will be another show next year as well and hope see you there as well.

The crossgrain is quite excellent on that blade and the grip to crossguard fit is tight ...to where dental floss could not get between it.
    It is also normal only for this 121/34 dagger not to have an SS district stamping on the reverse lower guard.

As I said Text book and totally correct. You had a great first time experience ...which for any new collector is overwhelming for some to go to one of these shows...so much to see and to examine.

Glad you had a good time too

Best Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Beautiful SS dagger
    -TJ-

?

Normally a "blued" scabbard with these, but looks possibly period paint. Nice rig for sure.

?

Very nice. Congrats.

Tim

?

Hello all,
    Just for my information : ss tag - RZM and identification of the maker of this dagger are "upside down from the lower crossguard " from what we us usually see..
    Is it typical from this maker ? because the mod. 33 RZM I know have all, the tags on the base on the other side...I don't know if I'm understandable enough

Quote by ATHOR View Post
    Hello all,
    Just for my information : ss tag - RZM and identification of the maker of this dagger are "upside down from the lower crossguard " from what we us usually see..
    Is it typical from this maker ? because the mod. 33 RZM I know have all, the tags on the base on the other side...I don't know if I'm understandable enough
    It is typical for this maker
    -TJ-

MAP
    ?

Nice seeing you at the show! A great pick up. I didn't get to see it at the show. Congratulations
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The dagger itself is a beauty, the scabbard imo does not belong to it.
    The scabbard throat fit on all the 121/34 i owned or had in hand were immaculate.
    This one lacks that 100% fit and gaps, it looks like a repainted SA scabbard (traces of brown beneath the paint?)

Cheers
    Ger