Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen

Article about: RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen I believe. Any comments and info welcome.

?

Default RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen

I believe. Any comments and info welcome.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen   RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen  

RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen   RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen  

RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen   RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM M7/2" (Emil Voos Waffenfabrik, Solingen
    P
    Many

Looks weird. Motto looks like lasered. Crossgards are somehow weird too, like cast. And do not like the SS Emblem. But I am not an Expert.

?

Looks OK to me.

Crossguards with minor flaking, slightly mashed aluminum eagle and I have seen the trademark before. Poor sizing in the grip, but is a 1938 RZM dagger ...

Unusual stitching on the little keeper but scabbard looks ok.

One of those daggers that was not worn much

Dave
    Last edited by Larry C; 08-14-2022 at 01:38 AM. Reason: Spelling

Although I agree with Dave on authenticity ......Ther grip shoulders are quite high especially in this one photo...the rest of the photos hide that fact.

Not one for me due to that ...and IMO I cant see the RZM letting this one out the door during this 1938 production period.
    IMO ...I feel the grip does not belong. Thats just me.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Thanks guys, guess I will have to figure out what to do with this one. It was purchased from Wittman website. I have his description he indicated mint minus. I was hoping for a mid period I would have a hard time improving.

Anyways advice and info is always appreciated.

Tim

Hang onto it Tim ...as it is an RZM example ...and I have always appreciated the Early Quality and Crafted SS daggers.

My thoughts in my post #4 are a matter of opinion.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Ok. Thanks Larry. I always appreciate your advice and wisdom. You definitely know your way around daggers and I'm learning from you thank you.

Tim

?

Tim,

You bought a keeper. As I said above, it was not worn much and the grip is in good shape but has high shoulders ... that is the RZM.

Bringing dagger production under control of the RZM was to reduce costs, free up materials for war production, and reduce dagger assembly time. Two of the changes:

- Crossguards were injection molded out of zinc and then plated. They were made to much tighter dimensions than the nickel silver ones.

- Grip carving was more automated and dimensions tightened. Hand fitting the grip into the guards was minimized, but workers no longer trimmed the grips and some of the shoulders stuck up .... like yours.

More questions ?

Dave

?

Thanks Dave. That certainly helps me understand better. I appreciate all the info I get. Really good info on here.

Thanks Tim.