Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS 1933 pattern dagger: good?

Article about: Congratulations Marc! A VERY nice example to start your dagger collection. Ralph.

Default SS 1933 pattern dagger: good?

Hi guys,

I have wanted such a dagger for a long time, but have little or no knowledge, as to which details is very important :-(
    I have been offered this one. Could you from this far from perfect pics give me a clue to authenticity ??
    Yours sincerely
    Marc

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS 1933 pattern dagger: good?
    P
    Many

Hi guys,

I would very much appreciate any input, that you could and would provide, before I make a move on this dagger :-)
    To me it looks ok, stamps, patina etc . But …

Mfg
    Marc

Ps I am not one of the unserious types, that do not value your expertise ! This is just not my department :-) I just want this one piece for my collection ;-)

Looks fine to me. An honest RZM Gustav C. Spitzer with the usual lifting of the plating on the crossguard.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks a lot .

I will see if I can work the price a little :-)

Mfg
    Marc

Hi Marc...Nice dagger in decent condition..the vertical hanger is a plus. I like the added SS contract code beneath the RZM number. Nice find. Best to you and wishful for your acquisition of this dagger. Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks a lot Larry. I'll see what I can do (and what the wife says ;-)))

Mfg
    Marc

The money is the easy part
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

YES, I got it !!! I am picking it up to night !

It was a private seller, and a bunch of interested buyers, so I had to act fast !
    And surprisingly absolutely no problem on the wife front !!! ( wonder what she is up to);-)

Thanks for your help guys, it's a dream finally come trough :-)
    I will post some more and better pics, when I have it in hand :-)

Mfg
    Marc

?

Hi Marc,

Strange thing is the fact that it has a Vertical hanger and a normal hanger.
    Then there is the fact that the hanger attachment ring is on the left, it should be on the right side of the dagger.
    proper way should be: remove the little clip hanger from the scabbard ring, then release the top strap of the vertical hanger and turn the scabbard 180 degrees to the right.
    I hope the scabbard to troath fit is as good with the dagger the right way placed.
    like the pic below.
    i would love to see the pics when you picked it up!

Cheers,
    Ger

Thanks a lot Ger,

I just picked it up, and I just love it :-) I could not work the price, but happy anyway ;-)))
    I have corrected the vertical hanger, as you suggested, even though I think it has been placed this way ( wrong way) for a VERY long time, probably allways ! I think I will keep both hangers attached, so the small one don´t get lost :-)
    The dagger fits equally good both ways in the scabbard !
    I will take some photos and post asap.

Thans every one for your input, I really appriciate it .

MFG
    Marc

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast