Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger

Article about: Hello the forum, I'm pleased to show you my SS 33 BOKER with a very special vertical hanger. Impossible to remove it, it seemed glued to the scabbard. Hope you will enjoy it. Regards.

?

Default Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger

Hello the forum,
    I'm pleased to show you my SS 33 BOKER with a very special vertical hanger. Impossible to remove it, it seemed glued to the scabbard. Hope you will enjoy it.
    Regards.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger   Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger  

Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger   Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger
    P
    Many

Hello Athor.

These are just my observations from the only photos provided :

1. Runes button appears to have been replaced with an authentic button ...when this happened ..I do not know.
    2. The lower left front side of the grip to the crossguard fit ..is not a common sight with Boker SS daggers. Shrinkage is allowable overtime ...but the reverse side of the lower grip appears to fit nicely.

3. I would like to see a more clear close up of the blade motto and also the grip eagle. The photos pixelate when trying to enlarge them.
    4. It is beyond my comprehension why someone would glue an SS vertical hanger to the scabbard...and most likely done post war...it also makes sense that the hanger to scabbard retaining loop has not been fed through the Scabbard carrying ring as seen in this Boker thread here > New arrival. A near perfect Böker. :-)

Its ashame as that hanger is one of the rarely encountered types and had to be glued to the scabbard.

If you have more photos as I had requested please post them when convenient.
    More thoughts and comments welcome .

Regards Larry
    Last edited by Larry C; 05-29-2022 at 04:43 AM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Hello the forum.
    First of all I've to said that my english in not very academic...So the hanger is not glued to the scabbard, but the thin leather has dried around it ant tightened it so strong that's impossible to remove.
    I've got this piece for years from a very old collection,but....everything is possible....
    I hope these new pics will help your opinion....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger   Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger  

Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger  

?

Other views of this very special hanger :

?

Thanks, Athor

I have a Gembruch with a similar hanger. Yours has been repaired.Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger

Hello athor..thankyou for the new photos ..the Motto is correct for Boker having that stout look to the motto lettering and steel impurities pimpling in the motto itself being a Boker trait.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Dave,
    Judging by the type of hook, I think yours is a later type than mine. JMHO
    As told before, this dagger has been found for years and has never been touched since.

?

I think Larry made a good observation pointing out the grip is missing the Böker fit to guard which is normally excellent.
    Böker is the Rolls Royce in the SS dagger league.

I'm missing that typical Böker rounded grip appearance, and i seriously doubt that this grip came with this blade from the Böker factory.

Just compare it with the Böker i posted in the past here, immediatly the more rounded grip (above the eagle) gets your eye.

Early SS Dienstdolch by Boker

Regards
    Ger

?

A more detailed view of the grip to judge in a better manner the rounded grip....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss 33 boker with a special vertical hanger