Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

SS chained dagger authentication

Article about: Can you tell me if it looks original?

Default SS chained dagger authentication

SS chained dagger authenticationSS chained dagger authenticationSS chained dagger authenticationSS chained dagger authentication

Can you tell me if it looks original?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS chained dagger authentication
    P
    Many

Hello Gebaaz.

I have edited the title of your thread. This is because you are more likely to get help if you say what the item is in the title.

I hope this helps.

Kind regards,

Will.

Hello Gebaaz

Chain is Repro junk..the rest of the dagger has been messed with and comprised of repro.

Scabbard has been repainted.
    Leave it where you found it

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thank you Larry and this guy is really trying to pass it off as original.

Thumbs down

Woohoo, that wootons knot is a hoot. The backing in the knots holes says all you need to know.

Yeah I agree. Just real burns me up how many repos there are out there. They are somewhat convincing to us newer collectors. Thank you everyone for your help I can’t say it enough

?

Quote by Larry C View Post
    Hello Gebaaz

Chain is Repro junk..the rest of the dagger has been messed with and comprised of repro.

Scabbard has been repainted.
    Leave it where you found it

Regards Larry
    +1

Hello all. I'd like to jump in on this if I may. I too am a beginner collector and to my untrained eye it looks good. Not saying it is, just saying I have a lot to learn. To that point, I hear that the hanger is repro and the dagger has been "messed with". To help me learn more and avoid these pitfalls, could the people saying this please provide clarification? What tips you off on the chain, the SS stamp on back or something else? Also, what stands out that makes it looked messed with. I'm just learning this stuff and would appreciate the experienced opinions of more advanced collectors.
    Thanks,
    Bob

Please read this pinned thread found just above this thread > Chained SS Study of the 4 Chain types
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Thanks Larry. I read every word of the thread. It is very helpful. Exactly the kind of information I was looking for.
    Bob